cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero Front panel audio not working

mindfane
Level 7
I have a Coolermaster CM 690III case with Front panel HD audio connectors.

I connected the HDAudio connector on the motherboard and selected 'HdAudio' in BIOS settings. But it does not detect any audio device I plugin (I tried two headphones and a mike). However all the back panel audio jacks work fine.

To see if the case is to blame, I tried a different motherboard (with Realtec HD audio chip) and the front panel started working.

I even tried switching to Ac97. But no change.

Should I update the BIOS? or try for an RMA?
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello mindfane and welcome

In the bios on the advanced tab, onboard device configuration make sure HD Audio Controller is enabled and the Front Panel Type is set to HD. Make sure you have the HD audio cable from your case connected to the AAFP header on the motherboard.

HD is superior to AC-97.

Does your case headphone/mic jacks work now?

mindfane
Level 7
Yes I did all that.

HD audio connector connected to AAFP on motherboard - Check
Selected 'HD Audio' on bios settings - Check

Still the motherboard does not detect anything on those jacks.

Sparax
Level 9
Hi mindfane

Have you enabled the HD Audio Front Panel option in SupremeFX ?

Sparax wrote:
Hi mindfane

Have you enabled the HD Audio Front Panel option in SupremeFX ?

Yes I checked that too. It is set to HD Audio. I tried tuning it to AC97 as well. still no dice.

Ok, as the last poster have suggested, I will remove the connector and re-connect it agian

koroziv
Level 9
I had the same issue; in my case, all I had to do was remove the cable from motherboard, shake it a little and plug it back in saying abracadabra (optional 😄 ) I guess magic works 🙂
Or maybe some pin was not making proper contact the first time.

koroziv wrote:
I had the same issue; in my case, all I had to do was remove the cable from motherboard, shake it a little and plug it back in saying abracadabra (optional 😄 ) I guess magic works 🙂

Wow!

This worked!

I had tried updating the BIOS and drivers, but it did not work. Finally I decided to re-plug the connector just like koroziv said - Yes I said abracadbra - And it worked!!

Magic does work

koroziv wrote:

Same issue with Crosshire VI Hero. Was struggling for a whole monthe. Have been trying bios, settings, changing cabbles, untill stumbled ubon this thread. Made your mumbo-jumbo stuff. And magically it's working now)). Laughed my self-awareness out, when it did)

koroziv
Level 9
Glad it worked; I was not joking, just being sarcastic about the issue, as it just started working after I plugged in the cable the second time 🙂