cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer will not boot, not even to Bios.

Horum
Level 7
Hello there.

For a few days now I have had a problem that's proved impossible for me to solve on my own. It started with me taking apart my computer after it running fine for about 18 months, to do my regular cleaning of dust and whatnot. When I put it back together and started it back up again, the computer would start but not boot, not even to bios. There would be no display on the screen, but the computer, all the fans etc. would be powered and running fine. By one tap on the power button on the front panel the computer would shut itself off. (It's normally 10 seconds or so, no?). Below I will list my components, and the things I have tried so far:

Hardware:
Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Assassin2, Socket-2011
Ram: Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz
GFX: ASUS ROG MATRIX 7970 Platinum
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

Things I have tried so far:
Cleared CMOS.
Had the motherboarded diagnosed and serviced at a computer store (it was working fine for them)
Tried different types of RAM.
Tried a 760W power supply.
Tried all PCI slots.
Re-fitted everything in the case twice, checking for wires etc.

One thing I would like to mention though, is that when I first took the computer apart, I fitted all the components on a second motherboard I had laying around just to check if it was functional or not. The motherboard was ''ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME, Socket-2011'', but on further inspection I noticed it had a broken pin. Anyway, after testing it I refitted everything on the Gigabyte motherboard again. I am not sure if this might have changed some settings in any way.

Also, ONE time I actually got through to the booting process, and I got the bios screen up on my gigabyte motherboard. It told me to reset everything to default, ram speed and whatnot. When I did so and rebooted the computer, I ran into the same wall as before where it would start but not boot or give any screen display. This only happened once out of the 50 or so times I have tried to boot it up so far.

PS: Forgot to add that I did get the non-stop beeping error code when I tried to boot up without any memory at all, and I got the one long and three short error code when I tried the same without the GFX card.
1 REPLY 1

Praz
Level 13
Horum wrote:
Hello there.

For a few days now I have had a problem that's proved impossible for me to solve on my own. It started with me taking apart my computer after it running fine for about 18 months, to do my regular cleaning of dust and whatnot. When I put it back together and started it back up again, the computer would start but not boot, not even to bios. There would be no display on the screen, but the computer, all the fans etc. would be powered and running fine. By one tap on the power button on the front panel the computer would shut itself off. (It's normally 10 seconds or so, no?). Below I will list my components, and the things I have tried so far:

Hardware:
Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Assassin2, Socket-2011

Hello

I'm not sure there is anyone here that can help with your issue. This forum is owned and operated by ASUS for the support of ASUS products only.