cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Xonar Phoebus Application CD

Noobcakes
Level 7
Good Evening Gents,

I have looked far and wide for the Asus Xonar CD that comes with the Sound Card. I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE. Its like it doesn't even exist. Can someone make an ISO of it and upload it to Sky Drive, Drop Box, Google Drive, File Hippo or something? Or if you know where I can DL it would you be kind enough to provide me a link? 49314
28 REPLIES 28

Glasofruix
Level 8
Why do you want the CD? You can download the drivers directly from the product page.

Noobcakes
Level 7
There is more than just drivers on this disc, the GUI that supports the card and its variable functions is also on this cd. That software is vital to proper operation and performance of the sound card and it cannot be downloaded online or from Asus's website. Tech Support doesn't even know what I am talking about and said, "We didn't make the software so we do not support it or have it for download" .

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-xonar-phoebus-soundcard-review,5.html

Glasofruix
Level 8
I don't know what you're talking about either. The downloadable driver contains all the software required for proper operation and performance. I never use the CDs shipped with hardware (because it's allways outdated) and everything works as it should. Anyway pretty much any software driver nowadays contains a gui and all the needed stuff.

Did you go to my link? The software that's showcased in the link is what I need. Not in an attempt to be rude, but if I could get it somewhere I would. I even went to Best Buy and Micro Center to buy the card so I could get the cd and they don't have it.

The driver package that you can download via the support section on the Phoebus product page does include driver, Phoebus ROG control and Dolby Home Theater.
Latest version also includes the Sonic Studio but DRM is broken.

Manuals can be downloaded there too.

There is nothing in addition on the CD.

http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/HelpDesk_Download/

I advice that you take the latest version released before 2015/01/22

Noobcakes wrote:
Did you go to my link? The software that's showcased in the link is what I need. Not in an attempt to be rude, but if I could get it somewhere I would. I even went to Best Buy and Micro Center to buy the card so I could get the cd and they don't have it.

Don't want to be rude, but did you even try to install the effin' driver from the product page? It INCLUDES the software you want (almost ALL hardware drivers have some piece of software attached to them nowadays) it does not exist as a separate installer, not even on the CD. The latest driver has a different UI though, so you might want the WHQL version.

Glasofruix wrote:
Don't want to be rude, but did you even try to install the effin' driver from the product page? It INCLUDES the software you want (almost ALL hardware drivers have some piece of software attached to them nowadays) it does not exist as a separate installer, not even on the CD. The latest driver has a different UI though, so you might want the WHQL version.

When I said, "Not in an attempt to be rude" I was trying to protect readers feelings and perception of my tone in the event my text was misconstrued or misinterpreted, I was being sincere.

When you say, "Don't want to be rude" and your proceeding words deliberatly contradict your preceeding disclaimer you only force readers to deduce that you are being sarcastic and intentionally crass. Especially when you follow it up with:

"did you even try to install the effin' driver from the product page?"

Because of your lack of tact in your presentation, I have no choice but to perceive this line of questioning as rude and condescending, as if you are arbitrarily assuming that I don’t know what I am doing, asking for or have not gone through the proper due diligence prior to posting here. On top of which, I can only deduce that in some convoluted way you think that using the euphemism "effin" is professional, helpful and appropriate for public forum use towards a new member.

Well it’s not, no adult is going to think the tone in your response or the verbiage you used is professional or appropriate.
I think it’s borderline comical that you take the time to phonetically spell out the “F” word as if it’s above your station to say such a thing. But you can’t resist because for some reason my post has frustrated or irritated you and you want me to know about it.

Spelling the F word differently doesn't make it better and it definitely doesn’t send a different message to the person your directing towards.

I have thought it through a few times and I can’t figure out why you feel that you can speak to people the way you spoke to me, moot point, but if I was a forum moderator I would certainly warn you privately in a PM. I am going to ask that you do not respond to my current or future post if you cannot speak respectfully and professionally. Unless you’re a child, I expect more from an adult in a forum that is designed to bring Asus users together, to trouble shoot issue, expand on ideas and to seek guidance and advice.

I respect those around me and expect it in return. I am a new forum member looking for help not to be talked down to and cursed at as if I was some incapable irritating child.

I just wanted a disc put in ISO format and uploaded to a file sharing service. I already have what Asus offers on the website I just like the original GUI better, I probably should have articulated this more concisely and for that I apologize. If this is acceptable and someone has the CD and would be willing to package it in digital format and upload it, I would be very gracious.

Thank you in advance and I apologize for the rant, I was just really taken off gaurd with this response.

Samaelvonhell
Level 7
Let's see whats on the cd...
Drivers for win7 and 8 in versions 7/8.0.1.29 ...
Had to have so many bugs that Asus even removed them from download page and the earliest You can get from there are 7/8.0.1.30.
Drivers for XP, version 5.12.1.156 - same story, cause on download page are newer/better/whatever 5.12.1.158
Theres also user manual in pdf, Version e7317 (the very same You can get from download page...)
And some quick start guides pdf's, also available on https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus_Solo/HelpDesk_Down...

And that is ALL, whats on the cd that comes with the sound card...
Did that solve Your problem?

Samaelvonhell wrote:
Let's see whats on the cd...
Drivers for win7 and 8 in versions 7/8.0.1.29 ...
Had to have so many bugs that Asus even removed them from download page and the earliest You can get from there are 7/8.0.1.30.
Drivers for XP, version 5.12.1.156 - same story, cause on download page are newer/better/whatever 5.12.1.158
Theres also user manual in pdf, Version e7317 (the very same You can get from download page...)
And some quick start guides pdf's, also available on https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus_Solo/HelpDesk_Down...

And that is ALL, whats on the cd that comes with the sound card...
Did that solve Your problem?

I just updated my CPU, RAM, MOBO and SSD - forcing me to reinstall Windows. I am very happy with the antiquated software and never ever had 1 issue with the card. The GUI looks so much better on the original disc.

I thought for sure someone from here would have it and upload it for me but it doesn't seem to be the case so I will lick my wounds and move on. Thank you for your time and help.