Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Don't want to be rude, but did you even try to install the effin' driver from the product page? It INCLUDES the software you want (almost ALL hardware drivers have some piece of software attached to them nowadays) it does not exist as a separate installer, not even on the CD. The latest driver has a different UI though, so you might want the WHQL version.

When I said, "Not in an attempt to be rude" I was trying to protect readers feelings and perception of my tone in the event my text was misconstrued or misinterpreted, I was being sincere.

When you say, "Don't want to be rude" and your proceeding words deliberatly contradict your preceeding disclaimer you only force readers to deduce that you are being sarcastic and intentionally crass. Especially when you follow it up with:

"did you even try to install the effin' driver from the product page?"

Because of your lack of tact in your presentation, I have no choice but to perceive this line of questioning as rude and condescending, as if you are arbitrarily assuming that I don’t know what I am doing, asking for or have not gone through the proper due diligence prior to posting here. On top of which, I can only deduce that in some convoluted way you think that using the euphemism "effin" is professional, helpful and appropriate for public forum use towards a new member.

Well it’s not, no adult is going to think the tone in your response or the verbiage you used is professional or appropriate.
    I think it’s borderline comical that you take the time to phonetically spell out the “F” word as if it’s above your station to say such a thing. But you can’t resist because for some reason my post has frustrated or irritated you and you want me to know about it.

Spelling the F word differently doesn't make it better and it definitely doesn’t send a different message to the person your directing towards.

I have thought it through a few times and I can’t figure out why you feel that you can speak to people the way you spoke to me, moot point, but if I was a forum moderator I would certainly warn you privately in a PM. I am going to ask that you do not respond to my current or future post if you cannot speak respectfully and professionally. Unless you’re a child, I expect more from an adult in a forum that is designed to bring Asus users together, to trouble shoot issue, expand on ideas and to seek guidance and advice.

I respect those around me and expect it in return. I am a new forum member looking for help not to be talked down to and cursed at as if I was some incapable irritating child.

I just wanted a disc put in ISO format and uploaded to a file sharing service. I already have what Asus offers on the website I just like the original GUI better, I probably should have articulated this more concisely and for that I apologize. If this is acceptable and someone has the CD and would be willing to package it in digital format and upload it, I would be very gracious.

Thank you in advance and I apologize for the rant, I was just really taken off gaurd with this response.
    Last edited by Noobcakes; 05-19-2015 at 10:38 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

The latest version includes a new UI, the previous doesn't (you can have the one you like). You can download both versions from the product's support page, i don't see why it is so hard to understand. If it's still too complicated, please provide us with your OS version and we'll gladly post a direct link to the exact piece of software you want.

As for my tone, it is as it is, complaining about it on a user forum is childish.
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 05-19-2015 at 04:27 PM.

ROG Member Array

If you would be so kind to provide me a link to the download that will get me GUI in the fist link I would be very greatful.

Here is an example of the GUI that I like and I am searching for:

Xonar Phoebus Driver Control panel

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,4.html

Here is an example of the NEW GUI they use - Its not even the same developer at first glance -

SONIC STUDIO PRO - This is on Asus's website and is what I am using now - I just dont like it as much.

http://www.play3r.net/wp-content/upl...oftware-11.jpg
    Last edited by Noobcakes; 05-19-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Here's the support page http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards/ROG_...Desk_Download/ select your OS version, then download any driver that's been posted BEFORE 2015/01/22 (the two drivers with the same version number are actually different).

Example, win 8.1 x64:

Version 8.1.1.35 release date 2015/01/22 http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...663.1376662547 includes the sonic studio UI

Version 8.1.1.35 release date 2013/12/27 http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...663.1376662547 includes the UI you want

ROG Member Array

As for my tone, it is as it is, complaining about it on a user forum is childish.
    Says the guy that phonetically spells out curse words to circumvent the text filter on the forum.
    Last edited by Noobcakes; 05-19-2015 at 04:39 PM.

It was an EXAMPLE, since you never provided the info about what OS you use. Just look for the one that doesn't say sonic studio in the description...

Quote Originally Posted by Noobcakes View Post
    You were to busy getting nasty with me instead of asking probing questions.
    Right there, just a couple of posts above:
    please provide us with your OS version and we'll gladly post a direct link to the exact piece of software you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobcakes View Post
    And how do you know that the drivers you listed will provide the GUI I am looking for? I see no idication at all that the links you provided would give me the desired GUI, even if I had WIN8 of course.
    Because i'm not the only one who provided you with the same info? Or maybe because there's only one version that contains the sonic studio, the one that says "1. Launch Sonic Studio 2. UI ver.1.0.8", which also happens to be the latest version?

Since we're editing posts, you have to uninstall the driver before you try to install another one.
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 05-19-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Here you go, win 7 x64 with the UI you want http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...663.1376662547

I just downloaded it and literraly looked at it file by file, it does contain the UI you want.

Because i used it as an EXAMPLE of two files with the same version number but which are different in reality, since you know, at the time i didn't have the correct information. Now i've provided you with the exact link to the driver you require (if you use a 64bit version of windows that is), all you have to do is to install it (following the proper procedure).

ROG Member Array

I spoke too soon.. I need to install this or open it on my system with the Phoebus on it. I dont know what your seeing but I will admit that I did see 1 icon that looked familiar and that does not look like the new GUI.

Are we being civil now?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	49385
    Last edited by Noobcakes; 05-19-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast