cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XForma MKII + 5K Monitor + Intel 5960X/ROG RVE - All Liquid Cooled

EK_Derick
Level 7

Sponsors!

This is the build to end all builds! My 2015 dream machine build log is here. I've partnered with a bunch of awesome companies to bring together my "last" build log. To clarify, my last, as in my last daily driver. There will still be plenty more logs for dedicated folders and show rigs 😄

Specs:

• Murdermod/XForma MBX MKII - ROG Edition
  • Dell UP2715K (5120x2880)
  • Intel 5960X
  • Asus Rampage V Extreme
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB
  • 3x Nvidia Titan X
  • Seasonic 1200W Platinum
  • Cooling by EK Water Blocks
  • Sleeving provided by Sanctum Sleeving

Updates!

Welcome aboard!
CPU: Intel Xeon X5680 Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Black Edition GPUs: 4x Asus Matrix 7970 RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 4x4GB PSU: LEPA G1600W + Enermax 600W Case: Silverstone TJ07-B
9 REPLIES 9

EK_Derick
Level 7
Update!

First... the main player:

The Dell UP2715K

Best on monitor audio I've ever heard

Impossible to keep dust off the edge to edge glass panel though

Sleek

The back is quite dirty already it seems...

Charging port, love it

I've never used these covers before in the past but it works quite well with this monitor

4k for the peasants

5k for the PCMasterRace

And yes, you can view it in portrait

These are actually only 4k shots because I am a peasant and only use the laptop near the photo studio 😞

The edge to edge glass was honestly what sold me on this monitor. I love the aesthetics of the iMac 5k but I couldn't bring myself to settle for the hardware so I picked up this one as soon as I had realized it was edge to edge glass

CPU: Intel Xeon X5680 Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Black Edition GPUs: 4x Asus Matrix 7970 RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 4x4GB PSU: LEPA G1600W + Enermax 600W Case: Silverstone TJ07-B

Small update as today is super busy, but the Asus goodies arrived and I wanted to share 🙂

So I got a bunch of new studio stuff and I did some test shots first with the motherboard I've used for countless builds, and while still the best looking motherboard I've ever owned, it is sadly showing its age and will not be my main in this one 😞

*Please excuse my scratched up backdrop*

Anyway... these are just testing out the new toys and experimenting with looks!

My favorite:

Alright guys, enough teasers! Here's the board and SLI bridge from Asus 🙂

Big ol' box from Taiwan 😄

ROG OC Panel

RVE VS RIIIBE IO Plate... kinda miss the black

OC Panel 5.25" bay

Pretty standard accessories from the ROG

This board is hot man...

mmm

I'm really glad IO covers are standard on high end boards these days

ROG

Holy outputs batman

Even the subtle design on the PCH heatsink are great

So many pins

m.2

Love the PCI dip switches ❤️

SATA for days

Solid audio. I kinda miss the 6 pin connectors compared to molex but I'll survive. At least it's more strategically placed compared to the 6 pin that used to be way up near the dimms

ROG SLI Bridge

Solid aluminum...

Big thanks Asus ROG Taiwan!

It appears I will have to resize these...

Here they are...

Oh yes 😄

Back in black

Hnnnnng

Those cards though...

❤️

Box from the motherland arrived! EK-Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi + Nickel mounting plate

3x EK-FC Titan X Nickel Plexi + Nickel Backplates + EK-FC Terminal Triple Parallel Plexi (what a mouthful...)

Nickel BPs are hard to take photos of....

Blood Red Coolant

Never get tired of our FC blocks...

Haven't decided which route I'm going to go yet. Thoughts?

Dat coolant... actually looks like blood.

Fittings. Inspired by @Malik

Compression...

90s

Pass through, extenders, m-m rotary, female-female

Pass throughs, female-female, male-male rotary, plugs, and socket extender

I don't think many know what this fitting is for... the EK-Socket Extender, despite many asking for it.

Our standard XRES with nickel extender fitting that is required to fill the inset G1/4 threads.

The socket fittings replace this nickel fitting and now you have a completely black solution!

EK_Derick
Level 7
Next up, the sexy platinum 1200W PSU.

PSU brought to you by the lovely people at Seasonic!

Packaging as always is wonderful:

Platinum

Inside you'll find a flip open box

Very padded PSU

My favorite cable bag to date

Other:

Lovely PSU bag

Exposed

O.O

Plenty of stuff here 😄 and one of my favorite features - hybrid mode.

Cables

Seasonic sleeves the 24pin and uses the flat style ribbon cables for the rest. All black, very clean look for those that aren't custom sleeving.

Don't worry... there will be sleeving

Seasonic Sleeving:

Until next time...

drop4205
Level 12
pics need to be fixed or are they just close up shots of part of each product? Thanks.
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

EK_Derick
Level 7
No they're cut off... what's the max res here? Even my banners are cut off and they're only 1000px wide?