cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[solved] Samsung SM951 boot on Maximus VI Formula

SirOli
Level 7
Hi Folks,
is there any fix or Bios to boot from sm951 in PCE-Adapter?

I´m on Bios 1603 and installed Win8.1 in Uefi Mode , but no success with booting.
Are there any Workarounds for the SM951 on M6F?
27 REPLIES 27

SirOli
Level 7
Solved !

Needed self modded Uefi Bios and csm module Settings to work.
Will post further Information if interested.

Hi , I just got this SSD ( SM951 Samsung ) but I couldn't make it bootable , I have the Maximus VI Formula same as you , please if you can help make it bootable would be fantastic , Thank you !

MrMarx wrote:
Hi , I just got this SSD ( SM951 Samsung ) but I couldn't make it bootable , I have the Maximus VI Formula same as you , please if you can help make it bootable would be fantastic , Thank you !

Pm me your email adress and i will send you an modded bios.

Best regards
Olli

SirOli wrote:
Pm me your email adress and i will send you an modded bios.

Best regards
Olli

Hi there SirOli!
I have a maximus vi extreme is it the same BIOS? If yes please i need it too!

MacGyverSG1
Level 7
Hi Sir0li, I have the Maximus V Extreme Z77. Would it be possible to modify the BIOS to allow a Samsung SM951 with PCI-E adapter to boot Windows? I can try to make my own modded BIOS if I knew how.

Thanks

P.S. You can email me any info.

Laminate
Level 7
I sent PM but just realized that this was for Formula (Hero here). Modding instructions would be useful if possible.

Ixlr8
Level 7
Hi, have a question here...........when we are talking about the sm951 are we talking about the ahci version or the nvme one?
If it is the ahci version then shouldn't it boot? The bios does recognize ngff but is that only a sata based ngff and because the sm951 is pcie based that it wont?....please correct me if I'm thinking wrong here. thanks

Ixlr8 wrote:
Hi, have a question here...........when we are talking about the sm951 are we talking about the ahci version or the nvme one?
If it is the ahci version then shouldn't it boot? The bios does recognize ngff but is that only a sata based ngff and because the sm951 is pcie based that it wont?....please correct me if I'm thinking wrong here. thanks

Hello

Neither the 941 nor the 951 have a boot loader. Because of this a driver is needed to boot from the drive. A driver is not available as these drives are OEM only so Samsung provides no support or warranty to the end user. Lack of a proper driver requires the motherboard's UEFI to be modified to support booting from these drives.

Ixlr8
Level 7
Thank-you Praz that definitely clears that up for me.
So then could I assume that the uefi can for sure be modded to do this? From what I understand siroli has done this...guess I should pm him unless anybody here has more info on that.