cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g75vx single key replacement?

TotalONE
Level 7
Hey gellas rogers 😄
O game a lot of Dota and my Q W E R keys are making some weird sound when i click them. the click is a little bit louder then rest of the keys.
I was wondering is it possible to replant a single key on this laptop? I took my laptop apart many time and i know i can replace a full out keyboard but what about a single key is there a way to get to it?
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes there are these and another company that sell OEM Replacement keys http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/ be sure to watch there video on how to replace the key. Insure that you don't break or damage the two metal clips on the main board to break or damage one of these will require a complete key board replacement. Its easy though once you see how its done.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yes there are these and another company that sell OEM Replacement keys http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/ be sure to watch there video on how to replace the key. Insure that you don't break or damage the two metal clips on the main board to break or damage one of these will require a complete key board replacement. Its easy though once you see how its done.

Thanks for the fast reply. I saw that web site, and honestly $10 per key it puts me at $40 and they sell full keyboard for 55 bucks on ebay... i guess its better to wait until they die and replace a full keyboard.

yes, I only needed a J key as it turned out the metal tab has loosened up and was what was really causing my issue. The new key has held up well.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

C4RN1
Level 9
www.laptopkey.com is the site I use when I need a key. A lady named Tanya runs the customer service department and she'll take care of you if you accidentally order the wrong style key. I've been using them for about 5 years or so and never had an issue they couldn't solve.

I think the most recent one was an Alienware M14x R2 I picked up for cheap that I fixed and resold. It was missing the "END" key and had a bunch of other issues.

It's up to you what you want to do, if your keyboard isn't very dirty I would just replace the keys..

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes totalONE take note that I said that my issue was really the metal tabs being slightly out of shape that actual caused the problem. I did go head and put the new parts in but really correcting the shape of the metal Tabs would have solve the problem. Something you might look into you now have 2 different links I think both have instructions on how to remove and replace the keys you might want to check at least one to see if that could be your issure too?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro