cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: WQHD IPS Gaming Display with 144Hz and G-Sync

swinferno
Level 7
So I just found the announcement for the MG279Q. This is exactly what I'm looking for, except with FreeSync instead of G-Sync.

So as long as NVidia is not supporting Freesync, it would be swell if Asus would release a version twith G-sync, like the ROG Swift has.
Is there any chance of that?

I certainly hope so.
I recently bought a ASUS PB279Q and would really like another Asus monitor for gaming to accompany it.
5 REPLIES 5

Volt
Level 9
ASUS is coming out with a few other IPS monitors for gaming. But so far, none that are IPS+g-sync+144hz.

There is a 4k @ 60hz IPS, g-sync, PG27AQ 27
http://rog.asus.com/393642015/gaming-monitors/ces-2015-rog-swift-pg27aq-27-inch-4k-lcd-with-gsync/

I think there is another ASUS with IPS, maybe g-sync, but I can't find it. It was announced in January at CES.

There is an ACER XB270HU, that is 2560x1440 @ 144Hz IPS G-sync.

swinferno
Level 7
Thanks for your response. I was not yet aware of the upcoming PG27AQ 27, which looks really nice. However, as mentioned I already have a 4K-screen and am particularlyl looking for a screen with a higher refresh rate.
Due to current bandwidth and graphic card limitations, 144 Hz on 4K is not really an option, hence why I'm looking for WQHD.

I was aware of the ACER, but I'm not so confident in that brand. Also, since I already have an Asus screen, I'd prefer two screens from the same brand on my desk 😉

swinferno
Level 7
Today on the Computex exhibition Asus anounced the successor to the SWIFT: The ROG Swift PG279Q.
This is exactly what I was looking for 😄

I hope it will be available for sale in Europe soon.

Korth
Level 14
I don't expect to see anyone selling monitors capable of both FreeSync and G-Sync.
Technologically capable, yes, through (warranty-voiding?) aftermarket firmware hacks and mods.
Legally capable, no, not with NVidia's heavy investment into (and restrictive licensing/control of) G-Sync.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

swinferno
Level 7
Do we know if the G-Sync license actually prevents monitor manufacturers to include Freesync in the same monitor?