cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you shut down your G751 when not in use?

kraver0
Level 7
Or... do you simply let it "sleep"?

I've had my G751 for more than 4 months now, and for the first time ever, I had a black screen upon bootup after the ROG logo loading screen.
There seems to be many threads regarding this black screen issue, but it only happened to me once. I had to force shut it, restart it and it hasn't happened again.

I probably shouldn't worry about it, but it still concerns me. Since it occurs upon bootup, is it fine to let my computer sleep when not in use from now on?
3 REPLIES 3

Setoku
Level 8
I let mine sleep during the night if Im not downloading or torrenting anything then turn it off if i travel or pack it up and go to a friends or something
I havent had really any problems with this laptop its been amazing you nvida drivers might be causing the problem try and reinstall them see if that helps

ROGTWAT
Level 7
I have screen issues when the laptop comes back from hibernation so I always shut it down completely with no issues. I can live with that.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

ReeveJ
Level 7
I shut it down at least once every day. No issues.

About the black screen problem: make sure that you don't have a cell phone next to your computer on start-up. I've noticed this phenomenon with two different models of laptop while another didn't experience the issue at all. My guess is that some cases just shield radio emission better than others.