cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory problem

hefrancis
Level 7
Setup: R5E, 1401 BIOS/Intel i7-5820K/Corsair Dominator Pt 16GB DDR4-3000, the 4 modules are in the 4 red slots, OS = Windows 7- SP1
If i use the BIOS defaults settings- Ai OC on AUTO, the BIOS shows 16 GB memory @ 2133 MHz and v=1.206, Windows System also shows 16 GB as does CPU-Z (16 GB @ 1066.7 MHZ)
HOWEVER, if i change the Ai OC to XMP the BIOS shows 12 GB @ 3000 MHz and 1.35 V, Windows System shows 12 GB but CPU-Z shows 16 GB @ 1500 MHz. Ran MEMTEST86 on each module and on all four in place and did not show any errors

Why does the XMP setting only show 12 GB in the BIOS and CPU-Z show the full 16 GB ??
4 REPLIES 4

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The system is not stable and is not passing training during POST. Adjustment of VCCSA may stabilize things.

Chino
Level 15

No needed the bios update for that, but i recomand to do the update, i've got the same problem from the start & i solved it by putting the memory random in the slots & tested it over & over again, one by one untill the system accepts & do the post properly... i guess it could be solved with just an update, but i"m not sure, i Always got memory problems in the beginning, don't know why, asus boards have also a very listed memory compatibility list in there manuals, learned to dl & watch before i by memory for a knew board though 🙂