cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 Owners - Purchase Satisfaction Poll

ROGTWAT
Level 7
When reading through this forum, people who have not (yet) bought a G751 Laptop might think this unit is a train wreck with a GPU so I thought I'd ask among those who have actually purchased and used their unit:

Are you happy with your Asus G751 Laptop?

Patricipate in the poll to make it easy for interested people to see if people are happy with their G751's.

Personally, I'm very happy with everything but the display, which is currently getting fixed in RMA and I am fairly confident it will be fine when it comes back. Will update.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10
48 REPLIES 48

diogogmaio
Level 7
The sound, the one left usb 3.0 port that is "bricked" and display (ghosting). The last one i'm suspicious because i play in a 120hz lightboost monitor and the difference is too big

ROGTWAT
Level 7
So that's a definite maybe? 😉

BrickWall-Schoo
Level 7
I love mine Brings me much enjoyment..

Edweird
Level 10
I gave full points with a very solid "everything considered".

Edweird wrote:
I gave full points with a very solid "everything considered".

That's the spirit. Realizing this is a laptop and not a magical machine from the future and being willing to accept it's personality. I bet you have a lot of friends, Ed! 😄

kevinjb101
Level 7
G751JY is my first gaming laptop, upgraded to 32gb ram and 256b 850 Pro SSD. Im working overseas so it's not practical that i build a desktop. I'm more than amazed how it performs in gaming. Lucky for me i have zero issue so far.

I3elphegor
Level 7
I mean it could have been worse. I had one MSI GX701 which I had to RMA 6x, before they finally tell me if I want a new one or my money back. My next latop (G53JW) had some problems here and there (they had to replace motherboard), but it is still working great. Anyway, I still have some problems with G751JT which anyone wasn't able to answer me if they are bad or not. I tried to find answers here (in older posts) to no avail (looks like no one has those problems too) and I even spoke with Asus support, sent a few emails back and forth and nothing. But even with these problems it is still a great laptop.

Edweird
Level 10
I'd say that a lot of opinions would be influenced by what's around the machine itself, more abstract things like RMA experiences and information about the unit etc. (this much, I think, is obvious) I think these machines have consistent build quality and the community we have here is NOT a small pro for buying an ASUS product.

ASUS Support, RMA etc. are a different matter. So far i can say that ASUS support definitely needs work and I think it's ASUS's only true weakness before the competition. RMA process for me has been fast and painless.

Edweird wrote:
I'd say that a lot of opinions would be influenced by what's around the machine itself, more abstract things like RMA experiences and information about the unit etc. (this much, I think, is obvious) I think these machines have consistent build quality and the community we have here is NOT a small pro for buying an ASUS product.

ASUS Support, RMA etc. are a different matter. So far i can say that ASUS support definitely needs work and I think it's ASUS's only true weakness before the competition. RMA process for me has been fast and painless.

Well, considering I'm going on month 4 of my purchase and haven't been able to game once on my laptop without a new problem happening.
I disagree with your conclusion that ASUS support is not a part of product satisfaction. Customer support is integral to a quality product and their failing to resolve customers issues in a timely and appropriate fashion is a big part of their customers not being satisfied with their product.
Customer service is a part of the end product.

So far, two pieces of ASUS software are failures(Backtracker and Gamers First III), the hardware is sub-par (Non NRKO keyboard, integrated video card on the board, integrated battery) and their tech support is a joke.

Tech support is not an abstract concept it's a value added piece of your product and ASUS apparently doesn't understand the concept of quality or customer service.