cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering Screen?

TheKise93
Level 7
Hello,

My screen is flickering frequently whenever I tilt or open my screen. It's getting worse with time and sometimes, just flickers out of the blue even when I am working on a desk.
When it happens I have to tilt it back a little so it stops.

Are there any fixes for that?

EDIT : On an unrelated note, I plugged a Samsung 24" screen to my laptop and could feel some electricity flowing through the aluminum surface, should I be worried?
I noticed that my speakers and the power cord all do that as well, wut.
3 REPLIES 3

MaxCioco
Level 7
There is just no reason for any kind of electricity (even static) to be on the surface of your laptop! Metals don't hold electrostatic charge, therefore it must be continously coming from somewhere. I think you have an uninsolated cable or 2 (or more) uninsolated parts (that are not supposed to come in contact) touching. My advice get it right away in to service, none of what is happeneding is normal. I don't know all the details of your situation, but I can assure you that the electric components of your laptop are very sensitive.
But before that you should check if it's the laptop or your external screen or something peripheral you're using.

code9523
Level 9
Flickering screen can be caused by bad cable connection or bad lcd panel. If you have warranty send it to service if no you can pull off keyboard part and reconnect the lcd cable. If it won't help you can disassemble screen part and check cable there. But if you are not skilled enough for such repair send it to service.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

TheKise93
Level 7
Thanks, I'm not in Canada anymore so I'll refrain from using my laptop too much this summer, until school starts again. I'll try to send it to service as you mentioned when I get back to school.