Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ravenholme PC Specs
    Ravenholme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G20AJ-US009S
    MotherboardAsus H97
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4790
    Memory (part number)16GB - Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.35v SODIMM - KVR16LS11/8
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Founders Edition (ASUS)
    MonitorBenQ BL3201PH (4K/UHD IPS LED)
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate SSHD 1TB
    CaseAsus G20AJ
    Power SupplyAsus 180W PSU AC Adapter + Dell Y90RR 330W PSU AC Adapter
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Turtlebeach
    Headset/Speakers (The BenQ)
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS (SBC-06D2X-U) Slim External 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Accessory #2 Asus GPU Tweak II - OC: 2050 Mhz, 90°C max, 120% Power, vsync off
    Accessory #3 http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=8796

i had to rechoose my SSD as the overriding boot drive…*huh… ah well…

ROG Member Array

Were did get that bios is it from us asus website or somewhere else?

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Integrated HDMI not working

Today Asux updater has installed this BIOS update. After the reboot, the integrated hdmi no longer work, and must use the dedicated.
    No way to access on the BIOS to check ECO energy settings, restarting my PC i only get monitor live on windows 8 screen.
    Any way to solve the problem?

ROG Member Array

Bios must be in fast boot mode? Press delete to try to access it at the very beginning of the boot, then you will find option to active the integrated hdmi... I've done it to use the 2 hdmi at the same time.

New ROGer Array

I've tried it, bur the monitor remaain inactive and I can't see anything.

New ROGer Array

I've been having similar issues with this bios update. Against my better judgement I went ahead and updated the bios using the same update feature built into my G20aj desktop as the original poster. The update seemed to go fine. The system restarted and booted into bios manufacturer screen. It told me I needed to open the bios to save my original settings. Pressed F1 to get into the bios. Everything looked fine. Went to save and exit. System restarted but then would not boot. My keyboard appears to not be getting any power, no lights are on, so I'm unsure if holding down any keys at startup will do anything. I'm getting nothing but a blank screen. the G20aj doesn't have an option to put a monitor on anything but the GPU, so if it switched to the dedicated graphics there is not much I can do. Any thoughts?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by aydon519 View Post
    the G20aj doesn't have an option to put a monitor on anything but the GPU, so if it switched to the dedicated graphics there is not much I can do. Any thoughts?
    I beg to differ, you should have an HDMI port for the on-board graphics by the speaker connectors on the back, there's no reason you can't open the case, pop out the Nvidia GPU and test on the onboard HDMI.

New ROGer Array

Noobie Question

Hi all,

So I want to upgrade my G20AJ from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. However, when I attempt to do this, I get a "Windows 10 Couldn't Be Installed" error with a "Contact your PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade your system BIOS." So, I'm a noobie, but was able to find a place where I could download a (seemingly) legit BIOS update to enable Windows 10 instahttps://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/14/11/14/2/fXSqaO8KoqgXKbNw/45/)

Version 0703

Description G20AJ BIOS 0703
    Must update the BIOS to Version 0703 before updating Windows 10.
    BIOS Update: – Disable Multi-Display
    File Size 5.28 MBytes

So, I downloaded and unzipped, getting a file named: H97_I_ASUS_G20AJ_0703.CAP

I have *no idea* what to do next, even after reading this thread.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Appreciate any help!

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I beg to differ, you should have an HDMI port for the on-board graphics by the speaker connectors on the back, there's no reason you can't open the case, pop out the Nvidia GPU and test on the onboard HDMI.
    Sorry, don't have my G20AJ test unit to check right now, but the bios does have options to select the primary vga card at boot and enable multimonitor support.
    Look under 'advanced' for the 'System Agent' menu to re-enable the onboard vga HDMI output or enable multi-monitor support.

Yes, I've heard the 0703 bios may change the default vga output settings, so you may need to change back the bios settings if necessary, or connect to the discrete vga output if you're only using the onboard vga HDMI output and are getting no display.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 10-06-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast