cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple, green screen on G551JM

userfred
Level 7
Hi
Please, can someone tell me, is it screen or software problem?
The screen gradually lose normal colors and turns into purple and green. After restart it is again normal. It happened second time during 2 months.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Xumarice
Level 7
Your Display cable might be loose.

userfred
Level 7
guyz! can someone give an advice on this?

userfred
Level 7
Thank you for a reply. 🙂
Is there some way to check it?

Xumarice
Level 7
It would involve you opening your laptop lid to check, which to me was very difficult when I replaced my TN screen for a IPS screen.

Xumarice
Level 7
If you still can take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a exchange, or repair under manufacturer warranty (BestBuy geek squad did this for me for an old laptop I had). If you wish to do this yourself, here's a guide of a tear-down for asus ux32vd https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Asus+Zenbook+UX32VD+Teardown/10120. Go to step 21 and you'll see the person using a heat gun (a hair dryer works fine) to loosen the adhesive holding the bezel. Then uses a guitar pick (I used a old rewards card) to pop the latches that's also holding the bezel. Now the GL551 is designed a little different, the bottom part of the bezel has two hidden screws under the case hinges.

Close the laptop and filp to the back side and carefully pop the case hinge off using a guitar pick rewards card and it will reveal the hidden screws.