cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the LED color?

LechronnJamess
Level 7
is it possible to change the red LED color of the ROG swift or turn it off without disabling G-Sync? I have a green and yellow color scheme and the red is really clashing with it.
5 REPLIES 5

Volt
Level 9
I don't think you can. Your the first person I've heard of asking about being able to do that. From a couple patches ago, it's RED all the time. I think it's a bug, that has yet to be fixed with yet another patch. Before that, it would be 3 or 4 other colors. White when you are on the desktop. Red when you are full screen, and g-sync is enabled. Another color for 3D. And I think one other for another mode, but I forget what that was.

You could cover it with some tape.

mrwrightj
Level 7
You can turn of the LED (ring round the base) by disabling Light In Motion. Open the OSD (on screen display) menu on the monitor itself by using the top right hand button on rear of screen. Navigate to System Setup and Light in Motion and set to off.

Mine stays red all the time as I have a gsync graphics card. But it matches with my color scheme of red and black.

Volt
Level 9
I was refering to the little tiny power light on the bottom right of the corner. That seems to be always on, when your SWIFT is on. And it's currently red all the time, due to a bug in the patch. Or it's an undocumented feature. 😉

As mrwrightj pointed out, the "ring of fire" at the base of the monitor can be turned off.

Korth
Level 14
I think it's just a plain red LED. If so, the only way to "turn it off" would be to electrically disable the component, the only way to change colour would be to solder in a different-coloured LED.

A less drastic (and not as great but also not warranty-voiding) approach would be to cover it up with black tape or something.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

logzz
Level 7
this is a bug and NVidia have no plans to fix it. the question has been asked in their forum a number of times. Just another thing wrong with this already joke of a monitor.