New ROGer Array

Is it possible...?

Hello new owner of a G751-JY here. Is it possible to dual boot my laptop with mavericks or yosemite along with Win8.1?
    I've searched the forums and found a topic for G750 successfully running Mavericks but how about G751?

I do video editing more than playing games so what I'm fantasizing about is being able to use Final Cut and Adobe Premiere in one machine

Thanks in advance.

ROG Member Array

I believe it should, but I never tried dual booting before. You're going to have to disable secure boot and switch from UEFI to CSM (legacy mode). This may help you https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...4-04-in-G751JT.

New ROGer Array

Or should I just use VM and forget about dual booting? The main purpose is to be able to utilize the 980m whether if its dual booting Mavericks/Yosemite or VM

ROG Member Array

Running VM would be easier in my opinion. As for it utilizing the 980m, I'm sure it will work on a non-Optimus laptop.

It must be nice having a non-Optimus laptop, but I find it unnecessary to pay about $2000 just have one that don't and 17" screens (I'm just ranting...).