cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base Fan Control

margate91
Level 7
Hi all,

I Have a maximus VII Formula z97 Series Board, the problem is with the fans, The base has been updated & works perfectly i also have the correct drivers installed which are the latest

However i am not to sure on the settings in the bios for the fan control i have a CM Stryker and the case fans plugged into the headers of the motherboard which are CHA 1A, CHA 2A CHA 3A , they are all working fine but the issue is the front base, it keeps flickering rpm on CHA Fan 1 for example will show the actual speed then quickly flicker to 0000rpm then flick back to the normal reading, does anyone know what i have done wrong, Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

GabrielKnight
Level 7
margate91 wrote:
Hi all,

I Have a maximus VII Formula z97 Series Board, the problem is with the fans, The base has been updated & works perfectly i also have the correct drivers installed which are the latest

However i am not to sure on the settings in the bios for the fan control i have a CM Stryker and the case fans plugged into the headers of the motherboard which are CHA 1A, CHA 2A CHA 3A , they are all working fine but the issue is the front base, it keeps flickering rpm on CHA Fan 1 for example will show the actual speed then quickly flicker to 0000rpm then flick back to the normal reading, does anyone know what i have done wrong, Thanks

Did you get your front base to work without installing Ai suite 3? Im asking because I recently installed my front base too and was wondering if it is possible to get the front base to work without the Ai suit 3 as AiS3 is causing me problems in CPU idle speeds and rendering, I read on a web site that the front base needs AiS3 to work but I hope it is wrong unless you like all the settings in AiS3!

margate91
Level 7
hi GabrielKnight i completely uninstalled ai suite 3 and reinstalled just ROG Front base drivers + ROG Connect Plus and it started to behave very strangely giving ''Has stopped working'' errors it seems that ai suite 3 is needed but im not sure as to whats causing the intermittent interruptions of the rpm readings, Regards

margate91 wrote:
hi GabrielKnight i completely uninstalled ai suite 3 and reinstalled just ROG Front base drivers + ROG Connect Plus and it started to behave very strangely giving ''Has stopped working'' errors it seems that ai suite 3 is needed but im not sure as to whats causing the intermittent interruptions of the rpm readings, Regards

I was reading my front base user manual and it says to control the fan speeds you must:

To enable the 4-pin PWM fan, go to BIOS > Monitor > Fan Speed Control , then set CPU Q-Fan control to [Auto]

To enable the 3-pin DC control fan, go to BIOS > Monitor > Fan Speed Control , then set CPU Q-Fan Control to [Advance Mode]

and is any of your fans at 0% duty cycle on the front base and somehow being overridden by the BIOS because the settings above are not set to [Auto] and [Advance Mode] ? I don't know if the front base and BIOS not being set would make your rpm display wrongly though, maybe installing Ai Suit 3 again and doing a setup of it might help - sorry I don't know AiS3 im having problems with it myself.