cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to maintain cooler temperatures for G751?

kraver0
Level 7
Besides configuring lower graphical settings in games or any other applications, what are some other methods to maintain cooler temperatures under heavy load?

I'm playing Witcher 3 on high settings at 60FPS cap in 20C ambient room, with an average of 75-77c on my CPU. The peak was 80c. Whilst they're not dangerously hot, the temperatures can be a little bit better.

Could anyone share what they're doing or using to maintain cooler temperatures?

Thank you.

Since NFC can be dangerous, I'm avoiding that.
1 REPLY 1

Edweird
Level 10
kraver0 wrote:
Besides configuring lower graphical settings in games or any other applications, what are some other methods to maintain cooler temperatures under heavy load?

I'm playing Witcher 3 on high settings at 60FPS cap in 20C ambient room, with an average of 75-77c on my CPU. The peak was 80c. Whilst they're not dangerously hot, the temperatures can be a little bit better.

Could anyone share what they're doing or using to maintain cooler temperatures?

Thank you.

Since NFC can be dangerous, I'm avoiding that.

80 degrees is very good for these machines. Under stress, my CPU has reached 90 degrees.
You can use Intel XTU to set your CPU's dynamic voltage offset up to -90mV, which statistics show that it has shaved a few degrees off the top. This has no effect on the performance as the CPUs in these are of high enough quality to be able to work at lower voltages and at higher frequencies. Use increments to test. I very rarely get crashes at -90 but have yet to have a crash at -50. You can also bump your multipliers up to get some more juice out. hmscott and other ROG members have a lot of information posted about this here on the forums. These changes don't have much in terms of risk - the worst I've managed to do is have to restart the laptop. Just don't touch anything like core clock frequencies or p much anything that says it needs a restart to be set.

Cooling pads or anything of the sort won't really help because of the ubiquitous air intake design of this machine. I still can't exactly figure out where it draws air from, still.