cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW No HDD showing in Bios, is my Mother board fried

Crystalwatersca
Level 7
It lost one hard drive first than the second hard drive disappeared, I tried flashing bios, but had no luck. Is my Motherboard fried and if so can I upgrade that board when replacing it. I have never opened this laptop before, it has worked great until now since the day I purchased it about two years ago. Please help
5 REPLIES 5

saloei
Level 7
When you say it lost the first and then the second, are you saying your laptop has dual, internal, physical hard drives? Have you tried checking the drives for loose connections?
As for upgrading your motherboard, you'd have to get in touch with your laptop manufacturer. They can tell you if you can upgrade.

I have two hdds in it one held my operating system and the other was used for backup, but actually came out of my old ASUS Rog computer and still had the win 7 os on it. when I turned on the pc that os came on and the other drive seemed to be missing, checked the HDD and it runs fine on another PC, then the next thing I knew my G75VW didn't see any hard drive in the BIOS, What the heck, I have ghosts in this machine.

Crystalwatersca
Level 7
The Bios does see the CD drives and detects my usb ????

kkn
Level 14
never transfer hdd/ssd from old pc to new pc, ALWAYS do a fresh instal.
if you want to keep old files and things like that, use a backup device.

it can be that the drives are about to die on you ( pure guessing ), some drives last's a year or less, some last's for several years.

saloei
Level 7
I would switch them both from one drive port to the other on the motherboard. If you can't see them, then it could be the motherboard.

Connect them to your other pc. If you can't see the drives, then it could be the drives. If you can connect them using cables, then try it.

Always keep the laptop elevated over soft, plushy surfaces. Never sit it on soft surfaces while it's powered on.