Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCLK fluctuating by itself.

karserasl
Level 7
Hello

I have Hero VII and 4790k

I have manually configure overclocking and then i saw alot of instabilities.

Turns out that BCLK just fluctuating between my manual value 102 and 105!!!

This causing me alot of problems, even display problems and BSOD due to overclocking all the pcie lanes.

Can some1 tell me why it just change by itself instead of sticking with my value?

Also im on latest BIOS version and i dont use any programs in Windows for overclocking like AI Suite. Just monitor programs.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hello karserasl

This is not normal behavior, try updating the bios to see if this solves the problem.

karserasl
Level 7
Hey thanks for reply

Im already on latest BIOS.

But i disable the Xtreme Tweaking option and seems that now BCLK is sticking to my value..

Ofcource i have to test it abit to see if its fixed for sure.

karserasl
Level 7
Well it seems that didnt fix the BCLK constantly changing..

It still fluctuating upto 105, making my stable OC into a mess..

I already OC to 4.8GHz and that thing jumping up and down making the CPU go over 5GHz !!!

Problem is that i cant figure out why its doing it..

When i benchmark or stress the PC it stays at 102 like i want it to.

But randomly when i check the HWinfo it shows that the max value of BCLK is 105 and all the CPU max GHz over 5GHz.

Korth
Level 14
Sounds like an unstable oscillator. It's common for these components to "drift" with temperature (or even with the most minor voltage fluctuations) in other electronics applications.

Do you have adequate cooling/airflow across your motherboard?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

karserasl
Level 7
Well CPU temps on all cores under Stress testing is under 75C.

Motherboard temps never go above 40C

Also like i said when benchmarking or stress testing BCLK stays at 102.. I just see it jumping up randomly without reason.