cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like I have been conned and ripped off.

FalloutBoy
Level 7
I have my new Laptop an ASUS G751JY the website for the store - which is a retailer who is in the program had an infographic stating
"Purchase and GeForce 980,970 or 960, or a 970M or above enabled notebook and receive a copy of the Witcher 3 Wildhunt".

I purchased my notebook within the time frame for the promotion ( four days into it ) and did everything required on the redemption portal, I looked at
NVidias site as well and they say the same thing on their redemption portal "Purchase and GeForce 980,970 or 960, or a 970M or
above enabled notebook and receive a copy of the Witcher 3 Wildhunt"

I have heard Zero back from ASUS one way or another, and now the redemption portal which went up incidently AFTER I purchased the
laptop says that they are only doing the Witcher 3 promotion for video CARDS - WTF - how can the store and NVidia redemption portal
say one thing and ASUS do another - that is not right.

To top it all off I have read through many locations on the internet about users purchasing ASUS laptops outside the promotion
period and in some cases laptops that don't even qualify for the promotion contacting places like Newegg and getting a redemption
code - I am mightily pissed off with this - especially when I have done everything required and gotten nothing and other people
are getting codes just for being a customer - this is just plain wrong.

ASUS Tech support - don't care, I emailed the ASUS redemption portal as well and have had nothing back - not even a tough luck
response - TBH I am feeling a little ripped off by the whole affair. The only ones trying to do anything about it are my Qualifying
supplier who is on the list - but they don't think they can do much - some one needs to man up and get their sh!t together.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha
7 REPLIES 7

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Any laptop promotion would be a collaboration between your place of purchase and nVidia. The ASUS promotion is for 900 series discrete graphics cards only. Nothing ASUS can do in this instance.

@Praz - This defies all logic - if NVidia says Purchase and GeForce 980,970 or 960, or a 970M or above enabled notebook and receive a copy of the Witcher 3 Wildhunt
how is it that ASUS can go against that and not provide the promo code for laptops as NVidia states on their website - as I said - there is something very wrong with this
if NVidia is making the offer and ASUS is putting the kybosh on laptop users with 970s and 980's getting it - check out the NVidia portal which says what
product is covered.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/bundle/code-instructions
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As I wrote above the promotion covering laptops is between nVidia and you place of purchase. Below is from nVidia. Notice the part about "select retailers only"? This has nothing to do with manufacturers such as ASUS.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/bundle/terms

[h=5]TERMS & CONDITIONS This offer is available for GeForce® GTX™ 960 graphics cards, or 970M-powered (or above) notebooks only. The promotion is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only. Please check the product description of the graphics card or notebook you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included. Additional terms and conditions may apply.

FalloutBoy
Level 7
Well my retailer is an approved retailer - so here is the rub - where do I go to get my redemption code if it's not the ASUS website, there was no code
with the box.
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As stated in the Terms And Conditions linked above the game code is provided with the purchase so that would mean your retailer. It is also stated to check the product description of the item you are purchasing to be sure the game is indeed included with the purchase.

Praz wrote:
Hello

As stated in the Terms And Conditions linked above the game code is provided with the purchase so that would mean your retailer. It is also stated to check the product description of the item you are purchasing to be sure the game is indeed included with the purchase.

That's fine and reasonable but what he means is more along the lines of it being strongly suggested that ALL units that are covered by this promotion actually come with the game.

Unfortunately, it has to be specified at the place of purchase. I can't say anything about other people getting the game outside the promotions... I didn't get anything either for my G751 and that was during a promotion. It has to say that the promotion counts for the specific item that you're buying - this is how it is and it has been so for QUITE a while. I don't like it at all, either.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

I agree but it is not "strongly suggested" by ASUS but rather nVidia if one does not read the conditions stated. As this is not an ASUS issue and the original inquiry has been answered I will close this thread.