cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Witcher 3 on my asus rog gl551jw-ds71

Dr_Mango
Level 7
So I'll be the first to admit I know very little about PC's and what not, but it was my impression from what a lot of people said that this Laptop would be able to run the Witcher 3 on high settings. Currently, if optimized through Nvidia Experience, it demands all low settings. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this game is just that demanding, but I was just curious either way. I can run it on mostly medium settings with a bunch of stuff turned way down. It'll go between 30-45 FPS, which I don't mind. The game plays beautifully regardless. I was just wondering! Anyone know anything about this or have any advice?
2 REPLIES 2

coyi1895
Level 10
Witcher 3 is a demanding game for high settings. You're not doing wrong, some people are being overly-optimistic.

Hey guys. I have the same laptop as the OP and when I try to play the Witcher 3, I experience drops to 23-28 FPS. I don't know anything about overclocking, but I have set the laptops power plan to high performance. Do I need to use the Intel Xtreme Tuning to overclock it? Or is there something else.. Everything for TW3 on low settings except for textures.