cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Start Menu appears randomly Win 8.1

kevinmoses
Level 7
Hello, my name's Kevin..

Straight to the problem i have. I have an Asus G550JX with OEM Windows 8.1. I noticed every hour or so my Start menu appears
by its own. The start menu appearing followed by my powerplan changes to "High Performance" no matter what. I noticed this after I
tried the Razer Cortex software [ probably not the cause but very likely ], and thought uninstalling the software fix the problem,
but no the issues is still there. I tried scanning for virus, malware or rootkits but doesnt find anything. I even thought its caused by
Asus Pwer4Gear Hybrid software and uninstalled it, but still the same issues.

Is there anybody have the same issues? As this problem begins to drive me crazy, its appears on my game, works, anywhere, every time.
If anybody can give me some solution it'll be greatly appreciated 😞

Thank you.. 😉
2 REPLIES 2

hfdfdc
Level 7
I also experienced the same behaviour of this with my new laptop ASUS G550 JX.

Sometimes it will auto open the START menu of the Windows 8.1. I didnt press anything or do anything it just happens itself.

Is there already any a fix for this issue ?

Need for ASUS to implement a fix immediately. or should i just try to upgrade to windows 10.

kevinmoses wrote:
Hello, my name's Kevin..

Straight to the problem i have. I have an Asus G550JX with OEM Windows 8.1. I noticed every hour or so my Start menu appears
by its own. The start menu appearing followed by my powerplan changes to "High Performance" no matter what. I noticed this after I
tried the Razer Cortex software [ probably not the cause but very likely ], and thought uninstalling the software fix the problem,
but no the issues is still there. I tried scanning for virus, malware or rootkits but doesnt find anything. I even thought its caused by
Asus Pwer4Gear Hybrid software and uninstalled it, but still the same issues.

Is there anybody have the same issues? As this problem begins to drive me crazy, its appears on my game, works, anywhere, every time.
If anybody can give me some solution it'll be greatly appreciated 😞

Thank you.. 😉

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums kevinmoses and hfdfdc!

Anyway, hope it's okay to refer you to another thread below, but the touchpads for Win8/8.1 units are 'edge senstive' now and swiping the touchpad in the wrong places can cause some unintended actions.
You may want to try changing some settings in the ASUS Touchpad Smart Gesture software if necessary.

Please check the first item "1. Subject: Win8 Games Randomly Minimizing while using Touchpad" in the sticky below to see if it helps (you may actually want to change other settings, but it will help you get to the Smart Gesture settings to change them).

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46928-Collection-of-Some-Touchpad-and-Touchpad-Button-rela...

Hope this helps.