cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p67 Maximus IV doesn't boot neef help (debug code: 20)

brenwin
Level 7
So I recently created a setup with my gtx 780 p67 maximus IV extreme i5 3570k and so on, but when trying to boot it I get debug code 20 (OEM pre installation.....) On my mobo, it won't even give any visuals so no bios accessible either. Could anyone please help me with this error? First time building a PC all by myself, so quite new to all the debugging and what not.

Need help, have been struggling for about a week now had a d6 code before and did not really know what to do so I tried rebuilding it and now it won't even get to that error.
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hello brenwin

I responded to your previous post, please list all of your hardware as this may help us help you better.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello brenwin

I responded to your previous post, please list all of your hardware as this may help us help you better.

Hmm I did not know the other one got through, thought not cus could not find it anymore got not notifications so I was too lazy to look it up in my own profile :$ imma get to that after bedtime I guess, thanks for letting me know anyway.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello brenwin

Allright, I have been trying some things including using the RAM of my other PC, and this seems to have it fixed. But now I am stuck on debug code d6; No output devices found. I tried replacing the video card in a different slot and that seemed to work bumped me up to error d7; No input devices found, tried some more things, and brought me back to d6 which I have been stuck on for a few hours now. Replacing the video card in different slots does not seem to work for some reason. *getting kinda frustrated now :S*

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Ok list the hardware of your pc please.

Asus ROG maximus IV extreme, Intel i5 3570K, 2gb 1rx8 pc3-12800u-11-11-a1 quad channel, CX600M Corsair modulair, 120 GB data 2,5" Samsung ssd, wd blue 2 TB raid 0 2*1. And an old Dell miditower.

And suddenly when I try putting an extra ramstick in (had just one in there) it starts rebooting itself on and on when getting the d6 code. It shows AE on the Qled for a real short period of time.

Nate152
What video card do you have? Do you have the pcie power cables connected to your video card?

How are you connecting to your monitor?

And what ram is currently in your pc?

Nate152 wrote:
What video card do you have? Do you have the pcie power cables connected to your video card?

How are you connecting to your monitor?

And what ram is currently in your pc?

I use a gtx780 the pci-e leds are green in stead of red, which would indicate powered and the previous ramsticks seem to work once again. Motherboard is still rebooting with the d6 code, I rebuilt everything according to the book. Dunno if maybe there's a jumper set up wrong or smth. Should be all fine.

Nate152
Code d6 is usually a gpu related problem of some sort. Try removing the gtx 780 and connecting to the onboard graphics to see if you can get it to post.