cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Part?

Ted1991
Level 7
Hello everyone. I've been a member for a long time now but first time posting here and it seems that i could use some of your help. I recently bought some new parts to build a new pc for myself but i am having some problems. First of all let me list all of the new parts that are connected to the motherboard so you can see through anything it may help.

*Asus Rampage V
*Intel 5930k
*Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 2800 mhz
*Asus Strix 980
*Samsung 850 Pro 240gb x2
*1TB WD RED, 2TB WD RED, 3TB WD RED
*EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2
*Fractal Design s36
*Asus Rog FrontBase
*Asus Strix Keyboard
*Razer Mamba 4G
*Asus PB287Q
*LG 7540TW (via fiber optic)

Now the problem is that from the first day i installed the parts i had some trouble loading into windows (all parts installed correctly). Sometimes it goes in quickly (and normal) and some others it just stacks in some Q codes and i have to wait 10-15 minutes until the motherboard finish with the codes. Now almost every time i turn on the pc the q codes i get are these:
First is B2 followed by B4, AD or AO not really sure, 40, FB and finally AA and then the pc either is gonna load into windows either is gonna restart and start again the same q codes (monitor shows nothing during the codes *display port no signal*). The time that these q codes take are about 10-15 minutes and rarely 20. 15 minutes to start a pc with new gen parts and ssds............. 😞
I am really tired of this since i got my parts only 1 week ago..
Havent overclock anything yet because of those q codes (i even have my ram modules working default @ 2133mhz because i am afraid to do anything yet on my own). Dont know what else to do but to wait for some help. I have spend a lot of money on this pc and i trusted asus so i hope my problem gets fixed(if its the motherboards fault).
(PS* Dont know if this is relevant but in my Ai Suite III i cant chang anything too. For example i have 4 options *Auto, Performance, Power Saving, Away Mode* and i cant choose anything. Its stacked at the performance mode)
Okay now for the steps i have tried :
+Reinstalled windows without the raid 0 configuration and tried it with just the one ssd (nothing)
+Installed the newest bios update *i was 0802 and i went to 1401* (nothing)
+Removed BIOS battery and placed it back after a couple of hours (nothing)
+Reset BIOS using the button behind the motherboard on the i/o (nothing)
+Checked one by one the ram modules. Same result with 1 stick 2 sticks 3 sticks and 4 sticks. I also tried using one stick and then change it with one of the other sticks until i used all four of them seperately and in every ram slot. (nothing)
+Checked cpu on other motherboard (works great)
+Start posting my problem everywhere (nothing) 😄
I would understand if my motherboard came faulty (thats why we have warrandys) but i would like to know if its anything i did or didnt do otherwise i will return it to my seller and get a new one. (as i said if its the motherboards fault)
Sorry for the long post and sry if my english are not good but i wanted to tell you everything so you can understand what am being through. Thanks all, have a great day..! Any help would be appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0