cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Audio problems + question about dead pixel policy

Joni
Level 7
Hey,

So i have the same "crackling sound" problem that a lot of guys have if i instal creative software. With only realtek 2.45 drivers installed i dont get that crackling but i have other weird problem with hese, whenever i plug my headphones or external speakers i do get game/music7movie etc sounds at headphones/spakers but in some reason it wont mute laptops build in ones completely and still got windows sounds (msn message etc)from laptops own speakers. Does anyone have ideas? What realtek drivers i should use, and is there working creative software for this laptop that dont cause the crackling?

Also temps seems to be pretty high, getting over 100c for few sensors with hwinfo or gpu-z in bfbc2 😞

Then another question is about pixel policy. Tried to findsome info from asus site but didnt really find anything. I have had 4 pixel faults (1 bright + 3 black dead ones ) long time but those are on the edges so didint bother to rma, but yesterday i got 1 more black and that is in really bad spot almost in middle of the screen and is really disturbing. So my question really is that are those enough to get the panel replaced?
15 REPLIES 15

JRd1st
Level 12
Is it within 30 days of purchase?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Joni
Level 7
Nope. Its like year old machine that i bought 2 hand sometime ago but it still has almost year warranty left. It has now total 5 pixel faults, 4 of those are in the edge of screen and could live with those, but that new one which appeared today is totally mid of the screen and really annoying, it pops out eerytime i open web browser or any light backround program 😞 Actually now that i taked a look to it one of the pixels arent black, looks more like stuck purple. So in overall 3 totally dead ones,one clear bright dot and one stuck purple.

JRd1st
Level 12
PM Chastity@ASUS

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Joni
Level 7
Ok will do that thx.

Joni
Level 7
Hmm well havent got answer back from Chastity still after few days so anyone has suggestions?

Retired
Not applicable
Get a refund, this laptop is a lame.
Even RMA wont help.

(owner of this lame for around a year).

Joni
Level 7
Well as i said its like year old so no way to get refund.

Anyway seems that my temps are quite high too, just played bfbc2 like 1 hour and these were temps i was getting, 102c for 2x sensors seems awfully high to me 😞

JRd1st
Level 12
Use compressed air or DustOff to blow the dust out of the exhaust vent.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Joni
Level 7
Ive have blown dust out few times, last time not so long time ago. For me that looks more like bad contact of heatsink and chip when 1 gpu temps show 84c max but then another is over 100 degrees. This laptop is gaved me nothing but trouble, it start to have so much problems that probably should finally call to customer service and get this fixed. Problem atm is that this is my only pc and i need daily, so only choice really is that have to get some temp pc for the rma time 😞

In overall:

-Sound problems
-overall 5 pixel faults
-Temp issues