cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having lots of issues with WiFi connection , ASUS Rog G751JT , Please help

fettah901
Level 7
Hello everyone
i'm having lots of problems when connecting to my WiFi network with my ASUS ROG G751JT T7010H , i use torrent it works fine but i can't navigate neither with chrome/firefox or even IE
i restard the computer , works a little while like 15 mins or so , and then i can't access to any website anymore , i formated my laptop and reinstalled Win 8.1 Proffessional
and did an upgrade to the WiFi card , still the same problems , i tried an external WiFi card (Alfa Network) , i get the same problem when i connect to my home WiFi
my iphone and other laptop works fine , even torrent works fine , but apart that nothing works .
please if anyone faced the same problem tell me what to do , i have no idea , i've just bought this laptop and i'm having these issues.
sorry for my bad English
5 REPLIES 5

ludesign_bg
Level 7
If you have tried with external wifi card then the problem might not be in your laptop.

What protocol you are using for your wifi connection (I guess 802.11g); what is the strength of the signal you are receiving? Do you have the proper driver installed? If you have anti virus software of firewall, check your filters for incoming and outgoing TCP packets on port 80.

Press Windows Key + R, type "cmd" (without quotes) and type "ping google.com" (again without quotes). Paste the response here. In the same console window after the ping command has finished, type in "ipconfig" and paste here the result;

Can't help you more without additional information, there could be a lot of things causing your problem. 😐

ludesign.bg wrote:
If you have tried with external wifi card then the problem might not be in your laptop.

What protocol you are using for your wifi connection (I guess 802.11g); what is the strength of the signal you are receiving? Do you have the proper driver installed? If you have anti virus software of firewall, check your filters for incoming and outgoing TCP packets on port 80.

Press Windows Key + R, type "cmd" (without quotes) and type "ping google.com" (again without quotes). Paste the response here. In the same console window after the ping command has finished, type in "ipconfig" and paste here the result;

Can't help you more without additional information, there could be a lot of things causing your problem. 😐

Really sorry , i didn't reply at the time , i had some problems and exams , even ended up formating this laptop again , still the same problem
it works for about 10 - 15 min and then i just cant't navigate with any navigatore(IE, Firefox nor Chrome) , irronically torrent still working , i have no idea
how is this possible when i ping , no signal as these pictures show i did what you told me :

and here's another picture showing the signal received from my home WiFi using both the laptop card and an external WiFi card (Alfa Network)
when i use the external card it work longer but still , same problems , when i first bought the laptop it came with the OS installed in 1TB HDD
it woked really fine untill i switched the OS to an SSD which didn't work then i reinstalled Win 8.1 pro on the SSD , everything works fine now except
internet , specifically navigation ! Torrent and downloading with Internet DOwnload Manager works fine as long as i've already pasted the download link

sorry this is a long thread but i'm really confused , i've never had a problem like this before .

fettah901 wrote:
Really sorry , i didn't reply at the time , i had some problems and exams , even ended up formating this laptop again , still the same problem
it works for about 10 - 15 min and then i just cant't navigate with any navigatore(IE, Firefox nor Chrome) , irronically torrent still working , i have no idea
how is this possible when i ping , no signal as these pictures show i did what you told me :

and here's another picture showing the signal received from my home WiFi using both the laptop card and an external WiFi card (Alfa Network)
when i use the external card it work longer but still , same problems , when i first bought the laptop it came with the OS installed in 1TB HDD
it woked really fine untill i switched the OS to an SSD which didn't work then i reinstalled Win 8.1 pro on the SSD , everything works fine now except
internet , specifically navigation ! Torrent and downloading with Internet DOwnload Manager works fine as long as i've already pasted the download link

sorry this is a long thread but i'm really confused , i've never had a problem like this before .

Can you please confirm it's your ROG laptop by connecting to some other network ? like caffee-internet near your home ?
If the problem remains on other gateways, try to disable your firewall.... If you didn't reinstall windows - it might have something todo with the **** free McAfee that comes with the laptop - just uninstall the **** product and install other internet security program like COMODO ( most secure & free in my opinion )

Try to check your IP4 settings of the WIFI card - Are you on manual IP&DHCP settings ? if so change to AUTO ( aka dynamic )
Try to see if you've got any strange "items"in the adapter properties of the wifi card (same list were IPv4 sits)- like leftovers of internet-security program that you've previously uninstalled - if so - uninstall them from the "item" list.

also, as suggested above - try to connect with an ethernet cable to your router to see if it's the wifi card problem - but before jumping into conclusions - connect with ethernet to OTHER router that is perfectly working.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

GhostriderZ85
Level 7
Buddy, try pugging your laptop directly to the router

ReDFoX2200
Level 7
Do you have ASUS Game First installed? Uninstall that and your problem will be fixed