cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gladius Thumb button problems.

GNR22
Level 7
I've had this mouse since November 2014, and have had nothing but problems with it. The thumb buttons being the most prevalent.

I came from the original Razer Deathadder (the version with the blue lights) and had a good experience with that. Their software is easy to use and macros are easy to set up. However, the mouse itself was starting to get worn out, and instead of going with another Razer product, I thought I'd give the Gladius a try since it had just come out. But since it was new, there weren't much in the way of reviews. If I set the thumb buttons to an action, for instance setting the front thumb button to R to shoot rockets in Warthunder, it will only work MAYBE 1 time in 20 clicks. Also setting it to left or right or any other key uses the same response. For a gaming mouse, I just can't handle it. Now for a $10 mouse, I'd think "psh, what'd I expect for that much money?" But that's unacceptable from something I paid $79.95 for. I thought about swapping out the Omron switches in the left and right click, but can't be bothered to go through the trouble for a mouse that only half works.

Does the mouse feel good? Yup. Does it look good? Sure. But if it doesn't function, it might as well be a paperweight.
Has anybody else had this kind of experience with their mouse? Or is it just the one I have on my desk?
1 REPLY 1

InfernoStorm
Level 10
GNR22 wrote:
I've had this mouse since November 2014, and have had nothing but problems with it. The thumb buttons being the most prevalent.

I came from the original Razer Deathadder (the version with the blue lights) and had a good experience with that. Their software is easy to use and macros are easy to set up. However, the mouse itself was starting to get worn out, and instead of going with another Razer product, I thought I'd give the Gladius a try since it had just come out. But since it was new, there weren't much in the way of reviews. If I set the thumb buttons to an action, for instance setting the front thumb button to R to shoot rockets in Warthunder, it will only work MAYBE 1 time in 20 clicks. Also setting it to left or right or any other key uses the same response. For a gaming mouse, I just can't handle it. Now for a $10 mouse, I'd think "psh, what'd I expect for that much money?" But that's unacceptable from something I paid $79.95 for. I thought about swapping out the Omron switches in the left and right click, but can't be bothered to go through the trouble for a mouse that only half works.

Does the mouse feel good? Yup. Does it look good? Sure. But if it doesn't function, it might as well be a paperweight.
Has anybody else had this kind of experience with their mouse? Or is it just the one I have on my desk?

Hi GNR22,

Did the mouse always have this problem? Or did you not notice this until recently when you tried assigning an in-game command to the key? There's a possibly that you had a defective switch on your mouse since you purchased it and never knew about it. Since you purchased it in November 2014, it's still under warranty the 1 year manufacturer warranty. If this is defective then you should get a replacement, if it's really a design defect then I'm sure they'll really appreciate it that you contact their support to let them know about it in more details.

Cheers.