cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Ranger VII 00 Q Error

hanspirot
Level 7
Hello i have big problem with my new build PC. When i started for the first time my PC MB is showing me just 00 q error on display and i have no signal on my monitor. I tried with HDMI and VGA not working. I also changed RAM slots not working. All fans are working and spinning. i am really confused, everything is well connected. Please help. Thanks. Sorry for my english its bad....
Conf:
intel i7 4790k 1150
Asus Maximus Ranger VII
Gygabyte 290x 4GB Windforce
2TB Seagate
250 gb SSD samsung evo 850
2x8 Gb ram Kingston Hyperx Savage 2400Mhz CL11 Kit 2
Corsair Cs850 M
Deepcool assassin II Cpu fan
Cooler Master Haf X 942
36 REPLIES 36

Nate152
Hello hanspirot

Welcome to the ROG forum !

First thing to check is if you have the 8 pin cpu power cable connected.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello hanspirot

Welcome to the ROG forum !

First thing to check is if you have the 8 pin cpu power cable connected.

Yes its fine connected.

Nate152
Thank You

Code 00 is not a good sign and can mean a dead cpu, dead motherboard or a faulty psu.

The next thing to do is remove the cpu cooler and cpu and inspect the cpu socket for any bent or misaligned pins. Look close and carefully with a magnifying glass in good light to see they are ALL evenly spaced. If the pins all look good remount your cpu cooler just making it snug, do not over tighten it.

If this doesn't help remove all your components and set up your motherboard on the box it came in. A shorted out board can cause code 00 too.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank You

Code 00 is not a good sign and can mean a dead cpu, dead motherboard or a faulty psu.

The next thing to do is remove the cpu cooler and cpu and inspect the cpu socket for any bent or misaligned pins. Look close and carefully with a magnifying glass in good light to see they are ALL evenly spaced. If the pins all look good remount your cpu cooler just making it snug, do not over tighten it.

If this doesn't help remove all your components and set up your motherboard on the box it came in. A shorted out board can cause code 00 too.

I will check latter CPU pins if they are all in good shape. And take picture and post it here. But i think MB is dead. MB HDMI plug in is not working to.

Nate152
if you have code 00 you won't get any response from the motherboard.

If you can post a picture of the cpu socket, that would be great !

Nate152 wrote:
if you have code 00 you won't get any response from the motherboard.

If you can post a picture of the cpu socket, that would be great !

Couple of pictures from different angles MB socket and CPU and error code.
Just open them in new tab to see full picture.

Nate152
Thank you

Can you post me one more of the entire cpu socket please? Try and be straight on instead of an angle.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Can you post me one more of the entire cpu socket please?

Damn i just put back cpu cooler. I will unstall it and take couple more pictures. That will be for 15-20 min. Thanks for trying to help me Nate152.

Nate152
You're welcome

In the one pic I was looking at, it does not look good as I think I see some bent pins. I will point them out in your next picture.