cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V + R4BE (UEFI 0701) + i7 4930k

Gawlron
Level 7
So, the other day I decide I'm going to install Hyper-V on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (via the Turn Windows features on or off). But before that I make sure my CPU supports Hyper-V (http://ark.intel.com/products/77780/Intel-Core-i7-4930K-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?wapkw=493... - and it does) and then I go into my UEFI and make sure that VT-x is ENABLED, and XD is ENABLED (They had been enabled for quite sometime and I cold booted my machine before hand and several times during my troubleshooting):

I setup my VM and then client on Connect > Start and I'm presented with:

So, I double check to make sure that HyperVisorlaunchtype = auto:
As you can see there at the bottom BCDEDIT reports that it is in fact set to AUTO, which is the way it should be.

Even though the UEFI and Intel tell me my CPU supports it... I double check with COREINFO:

And to top it all off, I check Event Viewer for errors (and nothing is listed...):

So, what's left? I did some searching around and noticed that there were many issues running Hyper-V on some Rampage 4 Extreme boards and that it had something to do with the UEFI not doing something it was supposed to be doing?

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great. I'd like to use the built in virtualization software then go out and grab a third-party like virtualbox.

EDIT UPDATE:
Installed VirtualBox and it runs fine. Sees that the required hardware is in fact turned on:

I'd still like to get Hyper-V running... because it's driving me batty.
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP
1 REPLY 1

Gawlron
Level 7
Anyone? ASUS?
ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | INTEL i7 4930K | G.SKILLZ RIPJAW X 32GB | ASUS STRIX GTX 980 TWO-WAY SLI | CUSTOM WATER COOLING
RIP