cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

older rampage iv windows 10 support

OliPicard
Level 7
Greetings AOG,

I'm currently using a Rampage IV Extreme motherboard (bf3 edition) with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s), I have been greeted with the new Windows 10 reserve offer, I'm currentlty using Windows 7 as the base OS with the base BIOs,
The reserve checker shows no issues with upgrading to the newer platform however I'm yet to see Asus give the green light on the upgrade path for Windows 10.

Ideally I'd like to know the following.

• Will Asus support Windows 10 on older ROG Motherboards such as the Rampage IV (BF3)
  • What steps will need to take place for someone to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with any driver/firmware changes.
  • What are the overall risks of upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. If for example Windows 10 fails to install or Asus doesn't provide the right drivers can I go back to Windows 7?

My Motherboard specs are as follows.

My Specs: ASUS® RAMPAGE IV EXTREME: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-3930K (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
32GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS QUAD-DDR3 1600MHz X.M.P(8 x 4GBKIT)

Note in the past I've had problems with X.M.P when upgrading to the newer BIOS. In the end the PC company decided to keep my BIOS on the factory new version.

Many Thanks
Oliver
33 REPLIES 33

chrisnyc75
Level 12
I too would like to know this. I've been using the Windows 10 Preview for about a week now, and can tell you the Microsoft drivers are actually really good... the only third-party driver I had to install was the Intel chipset & MEI (and the ever-popular Asus Tprobe, of course). However, my experience with Windows 10 on Asus hardware has not been seamless, and it's been well over a year since we've seen any updates on Rampage IV (Extreme OR Black). I hope they haven't forgotten about us. 😉
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

ChiefZeke
Level 10
Multiboot systems - all 64bit: Win7 w/SP1, Win8.1, Win10 TP Build 10130. Have had no major issues with the Win10 TP - in many cases I simply installed the Win8.1 drivers and they worked just fine. Recent video issues put a stop to that - must use AMD provided driver and Win10's Update function - works ok. Release date for Win10 is 29 July - am assuming that by then more drivers will actually be listed as Win10 as well as 7 , 8, or 8.1
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

OliPicard
Level 7
With no one from Asus present on the older boards forum anymore I decided to drop an email to Asus technical support to see if they had any news on windows 10 drivers.

I have got a response,

Dear Oliver,

My name is Andy and I will try my best to assist you issue.
Please feel free to rate our service according to the solution provided in the questionnaire that will be sent to you shortly after our reply to your inquiry.

Concerning your message about the Rampage IV Extreme.

The support for Windows 10 in not yet confirmed, as the proper version of Windows 10 needs to be firstly launched on the market then receive updated drivers from the manufacturers.

In this situation, no official information is available regarding any driver release for your motherboard, but please stay tuned as we will be updating the driver pages for various motherboards at the right time.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Best Regards,

Andy

ASUS Technical Support

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Well, I don't know about you, but I certainly feel confident now. lol
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

I must admit I'm pretty worried we wont be getting new drivers from asus. Hopefully we can be proven wrong.

anupom
Level 7
I'm also too much worried. I'm using Maximus V Formula. I tried to install Windows 10 Build 10147. But none of Nvidia Drivers worked!:( I'd to get back to Windows 8.1. Is this some kind of BIOS issue? Do we need any new update on firmware? :confused:

kahless
Level 7
Dear kahless,

Thank you for contacting ASUS technical support.

I understand your query regarding the driver release for Windows 10 Operating System. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be more than happy to assist you.

I am really we have not yet released the drivers for Windows 10 Operating System.

Once the Windows 10 Operating System officially releases we will update the drivers for Windows 10 on our website. You can visit the link and check for update:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/HelpDesk_Download/

If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you for choosing ASUS.

Regards,

Sammy S.

Customer Service Center.
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

ChiefZeke
Level 10
Recently upgraded to build 10162 - everything appears to be just fine.
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Rampage IV has been updated with offical windows 10 driver support. Praise the sun!