Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 288

Thread: AI Suite 3

  1. #171
    ROG Enthusiast Array nightstrike PC Specs
    nightstrike PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung NP-R580-JSB1US
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18Q-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2Intel HD 530
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro MZ-V6P512
    Storage #2Western Digital WD6001FZWX
    CPU CoolerPhantek PH-TC12DX
    CaseCM Storm Trooper
    Power SupplySeasonic SSR-850TD
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I'm not a programmer, I do have some programming knowledge and a lot of the people who complain about how bad AI Suite 3 is, I don't know their background. I'm constantly feeding the AI Suite 3 team with feedback from the community but they have a big team where smaller teams handle different parts. I know some people have issues with AI Suite 3 but majority don't. Ask Nate for example, he tested AI Suite 3 and it works well for him, no errors and no other issues mentioned by other people. A lot of the issues mentioned could be caused by other software and different system environments. With me not being a programmer, my feedback was pretty much ignored because programmers don't want to be told they don't know what they're doing. They do have people working on the program and we do pass them issues but unfortunately not all the bugs get addressed because some they can't even replicate on similar system environments.
    There are many options, but here's one as an example:

    https://chromium.googlesource.com/cr...ster/README.md

    Basically, you need a system where we can hit a button and send you all the relevant data you need to recreate problems. That aside, if YOU are getting ignored by the AIS3 development team, then it's not surprising that we as users can't get through to them, and no amount of easy reporting is going to change that. Similarly, the fact that you need to have a separate "cleaner" tool hosted on someone's personal google drive just to install the software properly is pretty telling that the team working on this software needs some oversight. The sad part is that it would be a really useful tool if it actually worked.

  2. #172
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstrike View Post
    There are many options, but here's one as an example:

    https://chromium.googlesource.com/cr...ster/README.md

    Basically, you need a system where we can hit a button and send you all the relevant data you need to recreate problems. That aside, if YOU are getting ignored by the AIS3 development team, then it's not surprising that we as users can't get through to them, and no amount of easy reporting is going to change that. Similarly, the fact that you need to have a separate "cleaner" tool hosted on someone's personal google drive just to install the software properly is pretty telling that the team working on this software needs some oversight. The sad part is that it would be a really useful tool if it actually worked.
    The tool was developed about 3 years ago, never updated since. It's definitely not designed to work with the current versions but the main use of the cleaner tool is just to clean out the registries with AI Suite 3, the same can be done through other registry cleaning tools like CC Cleaner.

  3. #173
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Runit View Post
    then why dont the put in a bug report witch you can enable witch sends system specs and and error data directly to them then mabe they wil be able to re create this problem i also build 1 pc whit ai suite that was a x99-a witch had no problems att all but on this one the x99 strixs its just all bad
    but the x99-a had the blue version of ai suit and the strix the red one and if im not mistaking its mostly the red one that has the problem and thats the one that comes whit the gaming boards

    also it would be nice if we can get a list of witch the lates versions are of all the parts of ai suit since the one on the website is difrent from the one i got from the dutch asus suport and thers also stil the separate dip5 update whitch is stil not in the pack and since ther have been no updates on the website since i got my pc it seems to me like thers notting beeing done as i said before im also happy to help ask me any thing if thers a new version i wil this just do someting
    I'll suggest this to them, we're trying to improve the bug reporting mechanism for sure.

  4. #174
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    davemon50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    1,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
    ...Does Jonney Shih and Jonathan Tsang know about this? If this is really true, those programmers need to be fired! Looks like there's a really arrogant programmers climate at Asus.
    I hate to say it but reading through this thread I was having similar thoughts. Asus, if you want to move forward beyond an arrogant entity, then fire, demote or replace a publicly visible position, and you will find some sudden motivation to get things fixed. There are plenty of great programmers out there, no one is irreplaceable. Bahz, the fact that you are being ignored when you are taking valuable input to the team from this community, is inexcusable.
    Davemon50

  5. #175
    ROG Enthusiast Array nightstrike PC Specs
    nightstrike PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung NP-R580-JSB1US
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18Q-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2Intel HD 530
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro MZ-V6P512
    Storage #2Western Digital WD6001FZWX
    CPU CoolerPhantek PH-TC12DX
    CaseCM Storm Trooper
    Power SupplySeasonic SSR-850TD
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    The tool was developed about 3 years ago, never updated since. It's definitely not designed to work with the current versions but the main use of the cleaner tool is just to clean out the registries with AI Suite 3, the same can be done through other registry cleaning tools like CC Cleaner.
    You ignored the part where I was giving you examples of how to have reasonably easy bug reporting features integrated into AIS3. The existence of the cleaner tool is merely a symptom of the overall problem (and the fact that you state it doesn't work calls into question why it's still stickied at the top of the forum). Finally, NEVER suggest that users use CCleaner to deal with your own buggy software. The tool has nasty privacy problems. You can read about them under Licensing on wikipedia. In any case, you should make an AIS3's install and uninstall features WORK.

  6. #176
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstrike View Post
    You ignored the part where I was giving you examples of how to have reasonably easy bug reporting features integrated into AIS3. The existence of the cleaner tool is merely a symptom of the overall problem (and the fact that you state it doesn't work calls into question why it's still stickied at the top of the forum). Finally, NEVER suggest that users use CCleaner to deal with your own buggy software. The tool has nasty privacy problems. You can read about them under Licensing on wikipedia. In any case, you should make an AIS3's install and uninstall features WORK.
    Not ignored, I passed the link over on the same day to the lead developer for Ai Suite 3 team and he responded "I'll look into this this."

  7. #177
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    We understand the negativity from some people with AI Suite 3, it's understandable but as mentioned before the issues aren't with everyone. We want to try our best to get the software bugs fixed and we need as much information as possible in the replication of these bugs. The source code dump probably would be helpful but replication usually requires every bit of information regarding the environment, like: full hardware specs, OS version/build, driver versions, BIOS version, list of software installed, exact software version (can check info or about for the version or even inside programs and features) and replication steps. The AI Suite 3 team is a big team made up of many smaller teams but AI Suite 3 is not the only software they work on, they probably have like a dozen more they also work on. Some companies dedicate and focus much more on the software and I feel at ASUS we haven't done that to a level of satisfaction but all of it is a process and I'm trying to do what I can from my end to help them see this.
    Last edited by Bahz; 08-11-2017 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Forgot one point

  8. #178
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We understand the negativity from some people with AI Suite 3, it's understandable but as mentioned before the issues aren't with everyone. We want to try our best to get the software bugs fixed and we need as much information as possible in the replication of these bugs. The source code dump probably would be helpful but replication usually requires every bit of information regarding the environment, like: full hardware specs, OS version/build, driver versions, BIOS version, list of software installed, and replication steps. The AI Suite 3 team is a big team made up of many smaller teams but AI Suite 3 is not the only software they work on, they probably have like a dozen more they also work on. Some companies dedicate and focus much more on the software and I feel at ASUS we haven't done that to a level of satisfaction but all of it is a process and I'm trying to do what I can from my end to help them see this.
    bahz you keep saying '' the issues aren't with everyone'' but how do you even know that most people are to lazy to go on a forum and send bug reports
    also im not shure on this but the porblem might only be whit the gaming version of ai suite and not everyone installes ai suit a lot only do bios overlock
    since it is the better way for fast overclock
    and it poeple saying il look intho it ha ya right im not a programmer but i dont think it should take a year to fix a programm like this
    some one obove the programmers has to step up and tel them to get to work put in a auto bug report and fix the problems
    its a shame ther is no asus suport for pc parts wher i live or else i would have driven ther and shown them my self since atm we are just getting ingnored
    and im not saying buy you bahz but the people who should have already fixt the problems

  9. #179
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    davemon50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    1,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We understand the negativity from some people with AI Suite 3, it's understandable but as mentioned before the issues aren't with everyone. We want to try our best to get the software bugs fixed and we need as much information as possible in the replication of these bugs. The source code dump probably would be helpful but replication usually requires every bit of information regarding the environment, like: full hardware specs, OS version/build, driver versions, BIOS version, list of software installed, and replication steps. The AI Suite 3 team is a big team made up of many smaller teams but AI Suite 3 is not the only software they work on, they probably have like a dozen more they also work on. Some companies dedicate and focus much more on the software and I feel at ASUS we haven't done that to a level of satisfaction but all of it is a process and I'm trying to do what I can from my end to help them see this.
    I don't have any issues with the software, it's been working great for me so far and I like it, including the UI. It bothers me to hear the kinds of things reported on this forum though, I hope some of the things are exaggerated or misunderstandings.
    Davemon50

  10. #180
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Runit PC Specs
    Runit PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)STRIX Z370-G 8700k@5,1GHz ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G
    MotherboardROG STRIX X299-XE GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-9800X @4,7GHz
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Force Series™ MP510 480GB M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Force Series™ MP500 480GB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CaseCooler Master: COSMOS II Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master: V1000
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by davemon50 View Post
    I don't have any issues with the software, it's been working great for me so far and I like it, including the UI. It bothers me to hear the kinds of things reported on this forum though, I hope some of the things are exaggerated or misunderstandings.
    its not but what version do you have and on witch board

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •