ROG Enthusiast Array

new g751JL-BS17T28 will not power on.

about 30 minutes ago i purchased this new machine from best buy, and after plugging it in, pressed the power button... nothing.
    i called asus and they said to wait 3 hours to charge and then try it. is this true? or did i get a brick in a box?

i'v had many laptops over the years but never one that costs this much with this much power. never had to let one charge 3 hours before it would turn on, thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

well here is a update, the charge light went to green, i tried the power button and nothing, so after looking at the keyboard, i started pressing keys, and it popped on like it was asleep. i pressed the 4 top left keys, not sure what happend but its on now. any thoughts?

ROG Enthusiast Array

ok after messing around with it, the power button does nothing, the steam button is what turns it on and off. not sure whats up with this.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Prostar Computer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcasio View Post
    ok after messing around with it, the power button does nothing, the steam button is what turns it on and off. not sure whats up with this.
    Wait...what? That doesn't sound right. Somebody may have goobed at the assembly factory.
    We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

No, this is correct, the Steam key does turn the G751 on and goes straight into Steam after it boots into Windows.
    However, it looks like your power button is messed up.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by bcasio View Post
    about 30 minutes ago i purchased this new machine from best buy, and after plugging it in, pressed the power button... nothing.
    i called asus and they said to wait 3 hours to charge and then try it. is this true? or did i get a brick in a box?

i'v had many laptops over the years but never one that costs this much with this much power. never had to let one charge 3 hours before it would turn on, thanks.
    Take it back to Best Buy and get a refund as soon as possible. I'm 4 months into an issue with my laptop that I purchased new and ASUS has damaged the machine at their service facility and now refusing to answer my emails in response to the issues. They also did not even attempt to address the primary issue that I sent the laptop in to service for and are basically telling me they won't fix the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Asoryu View Post
    Take it back to Best Buy and get a refund as soon as possible. I'm 4 months into an issue with my laptop that I purchased new and ASUS has damaged the machine at their service facility and now refusing to answer my emails in response to the issues. They also did not even attempt to address the primary issue that I sent the laptop in to service for and are basically telling me they won't fix the issue.
    dang man that really sucks. i took it back today and got it exchanged. i made sure it turned on and booted to windows before i walked out. so far everything is great. hoping i dont run into any issues later on down the road.