cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain or liftime?

warryabel
Level 7
my laptop runs at 0.8 ghz only 1.40 hour on battery when i watch stream, is this a issue?
have the feeling that this was earlier more time...
what time show yours battery symbol when unplug from 100% ?

Designed Capacity: 90000 mWh
Full Charged Capacity: 85440 mWh
Wear Level: 5.1 %

Current Power Status
Power Status: Discharging On AC Power
Current Capacity: 85440 mWh (100.0 %)
Current Voltage: 15.000 V
4 REPLIES 4

chriszzz18
Level 7
the time from that battery notification is not fixed actually.
I was playing Grid 2,and the battery life shows on top of the screen.I was playing in high perfomance and the battery lifes showed 53minutes left
but inside the Grid it showed 2hours.
So,actually the program is not a fixed measure.you better check it manually.

then consider some of these:
1.Are you playing game?If yes,ofc it drains.
2.Battery Saving,Balanced / High Perfomance? battery saving for ASUS laptop will last for about 4hours - 5hours.
3.Overcharge/your battery gets too hot?
for the time being that's all I can say.

warryabel
Level 7
i speak from battery mod...i speak from streaming...no hot...would like to know the time by watch a stream on battery with 0.8 ghz... speak i chinese?

junmizuho
Level 7
I have had the same on Asus G751JY and was wondering why is it that if I am on battery mode, it just lasts around 1hr 30mins or an hour on just browsing or writting documents avoiding to game, while everyone says it can last up to 3hrs to 4hrs. It really puzzled me so much especially here in my country we get power cuts a bit regularly. But I had forgotten that, I am always running to High Performance in my selected Power Plan.

So I decided to switch to Power Saver and try see what will happen and surprisingly it works well. I even tried to achieve better power efficiency by lowering the Maximum Processor State to 30% in the Advanced Power Settings. With this setting I can still browse smoothly and watch 1080p videos with out any issues and work on both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator at the same time with no issues.

With these settings and the things that I do; browsing on Chrome with more than 30 tabs, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and playing 1080p videos all at the same time in Battery Mode, I achieve around 3hrs of good battery usage. No performance issue and better battery life.

warryabel
Level 7
i think 0,8 ghz is at moment lower than 50% processorpower... thx