cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSYNC always on

Justinian
Level 7
Hey, for the last couple days GSYNC mode has been stuck on 100% of the time when the refresh rate is 120 or 144hz. This includes when I'm on the desktop. Which I didn't even think was possible? Anyone have any ideas? I've disabled/re-enabled GSYNC in the drivers, unplugged the monitor, etc.
10 REPLIES 10

Volt
Level 9
It's a bug with the nVidia software, that's causing the little red light to be on all the time. Even though g-sync isn't happening when you are in desktop mode. It got introduced a couple patches ago. I wouldn't worry about it.

Justinian
Level 7
Ok, thanks.

Justinian
Level 7
I am still annoyed by this issue, however, as it makes it impossible to actually tell when GSYNC is on or not.

pr1me
Level 8
They fixed that in the latest driver.
Go to nvcp > Manage 3D Settings > Monitor Technology >Set it to ULMB. Apply
Now deactivate ulmb on the monitor itself, unless you want it on desktop.
Do the same thing for all your games but instead select G-sync on Monitor technology.
All your game will run G-sync except desktop.

Kronvict
Level 9
Seems more like a workaround than a fix compared to how it used to work by properly changing automatically so that we know when it's working properly.

MPTraxx
Level 9
I have same problem now... Asus monitor PG279Q and asus 1080 Ti driver 398.82 and also newest 398.98 not working. Must manually turn on and turn of g-sync.

Really dont need if i surfing on net. I want only automatically runs when i run game, when i quit game then stop g-sync. Thats all.

I am with contact with nVidia and created this issue today.

I have gtx 1080 and I am searching for a new 1440p monitor. But i do not know which one should I buy:
ASUS MG279Q or Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz ?
It is pretty much a decision between IPS 144hz with freesync vs TN 165hz with g-sync…

Which monitor would you take?

CHULY wrote:
I have gtx 1080 and I am searching for a new 1440p monitor. But i do not know which one should I buy:
ASUS MG279Q or Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz ?
It is pretty much a decision between IPS 144hz with freesync vs TN 165hz with g-sync…

Which monitor would you take?

The G-Sync monitor since FreeSync doesn't work with Nvidia GPUs like yours. The 165Hz TN panel is pretty good in terms of color reproduction and viewing angles from what I've seen.

MPTraxx
Level 9
HEYY STTOP SPAMING - Here is thread about not working G-sync and not about which monitor i should buy GO create your own thread!!!!!