cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIGH G751JY-DH71 GPU/CPU Temps

QValkyrie
Level 7
Hi, Guys!
Got my G751JY-DH71 for 4 months already.
I am playing World of Warcraft WoD, and Witcher 3, nvidia suggested settings.
In both I get GPPU 84-87 degrees Celcium, CPU 63-79 degrees Celcium.
It is a problem...
What should I do?
Bios - 207
Nvidia drivers - latest
No OC
HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Space_Paste
Level 7
Hey QValkyrie. 🙂

From what I've gathered here on the forums the CPU and GPU are able to safely withstand those temperatures. Have they been fairly consistent since the first instance you monitored them (assuming this isn't the first time you're observing them now)?

If it's a major concern to you and you don't want to void your warranty, then I suppose you could make an RMA request for reapplication of thermal paste and cleaning out the laptop to optimize airflow. Although, I've been seeing nightmare stories here about RMA requests when laptops would come back in worse condition, so that may not be a course of action many would advise you to follow.

If you don't feel like entertaining the idea of going through the RMA process or voiding your warranty by opening the laptop for self-maintenance with thermal paste reapplication and cleaning, there isn't much more to suggest outside of taking a can of compressed air to your heatsinks with very brief bursts so as to avoid over-revving the fans inside.

Perhaps more creative users on here may have an idea for you.

Edweird
Level 10
Those temperatures are fine. Your CPU is right where it should be...but your GPU temps are higher than usual. In other G751s you'd see the CPU work at temps higher than that of the GPU. Maybe they didn't do a very good thermal paste job on the GPU. What Space Paste suggested is the best course of action. If you have a local computer business that does warranty work for ASUS, give them a call.

By the way, it's spelled "Celsius".