cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Urgent Help - Asus G750JX to Asus VG248QE by displayport not recognized - solved

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
Hello my friends

i´m trying to get some 3D from my monitor, i bought a mini displayport to displayport cable, plug it in on my G750JX, and the VG248QE, and it´s not recognisable.

The notebook doesn´t detect the monitor, and the monitor has no signal on the displayport entrance

i bought a new cable

is something missing here, i have everything updated, and i can´t seem to solve this

please help me

thank you very much my friends
7 REPLIES 7

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Unfortunately, not real familiar with the VG248QE myself, but was checking the user manual and noticed there is an 'input source' button on page 10 as in the screenshot below, so just wanted to make sure you tried cycling through all the monitor inputs which it sounds like you may have.

You might also try connecting by HDMI just to make sure this works at least or making sure the monitor works with a different system to get a better idea where the problem is coming from?

Well, hopefully others have better ideas if this doesn't help.

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
Thank you my friend for your answer

I have the monitor working with HDMI to HDMI, DVI works ti, only displayport have no signal, and my notebook doesn't detect the monitor in that conection...
I don't know what else I can do, I talk to Nvidia and Asus and they don't have a solution, or software to check the displayport

But thank you anyway

I see others with the same problem Google in

cl-Albert
If you have an easy way to try another displayport monitor or another computer with displayport output to get a better idea which one is causing the problem, you may want to try this if you haven't already considered it?

Good luck!

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
I can't my friend, I haven't other pc's to test

Thanks anyway my friend

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
ok i tested is ok, and when i get back home, i plug in the cable and "voila" i don´t know what happen....

Thanks guys

cl-Albert
Ok, glad you could get it working anyway, and thanks for letting us know what happened. Maybe one of the connections wasn't quite tight enough before?

Al_Jourgensen
Level 7
Exactly, the cable behind the monitor, i did n´t know that just stays there, without able of unplugging him, i have to make some pressure to take it out.