cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build doesn't post with GPU. b2 Q-Code, VGA LED on

LeeDoe
Level 9
Heyo all!

I have bought a brand new 960 yesterday to finish my build that was running without GPU for a few weeks. Everything works fine, as long as no GPU is installed, but I get stuck as soon as I install it.

Specs are: Maximus VII Impact, 4790k, Gigabyte 960 G1 Gaming, Corsair AX760i, Corsair H75. That should cover everything important.

What I know: The System without GPU works fine. The PSU is supplying power, I tested the connectors with a multimeter. The GPU works, I was at the store today and on their system it worked no problem.

What I have done: Check the connections of everything, PCIe slot, power cables, I even reseated the CPU to check for bend pins...

If anyone can help me that would be wonderful.

-LeeDoe
36 REPLIES 36

Nate152
Hello LeeDoe

Welcome to the ROG forum !

If you have the 8 pin pcie power cable connected, try connecting to your monitor with a different type of cable.

I tired it now. I even put it on force PCIe and share Monitors, maybe I can get a signal somewhere, but nothing. Still no boot, no lights on my LED-Keyboard... VGA_LED still glowing.

LeeDoe
Level 9
Thanks!

I have tried both HDMI and DP, but the errorcode comes up even when nothing is connected to the PC at all, not even a display, which should not happen if I am correct....

As I was typing I thought what the heck why not and tried DVI-D. Nothing...

Nate152
Have you by chance set the primary display to igpu? Set it to auto or pcie.

In the bios on the advanced tab, system agent configuration, graphics configuration set the the primary display to auto or pcie.

I always Clear Cmos every time I change something. Changing Ram 3 times explained me that.....

Nate152
All right

Try the clear cmos button on the back of your motherboard. Power down your pc and hold it for 3 seconds then try booting.

I am starting to think my Motherboard is faulty. That would be the biggest pain....I am building in the InWin 901 and it is so cramped!

it is giving me sleepless nights. I updated the BIOS to the latest version and tried again... Nothing. I tired to put in a PCIe wireless card, to see if it is the slot, but no, with it in it boots fine and dandy. It just does not work with the GPU...

That will take a bit, I will inform how it went when I am done, though I am from Germany and have to go to bed soon... So Thank you so much for helping me today!