cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus vi hero a2 error on old hdd

Shonfol
Level 7
hi

i just bougt a new spec with this motherboard, and and a new ssd, booted installed wn7 and evrthing working. When i try my old hdd it doesnt detect it im getting the A2 error on the mobo, and cant start bios or anything. When i turn it on it just gives me the loading screen with the rog logo.

Cables are working fine.

hdd works

changed it to IDE in sata menu, doesnt work.

started with deafult bios settings

changed cables, changed sata slots doesnt work

any suggestions? sry for bad english and ty in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello Shonfol

Welcome to the ROG forum !

How old is your drive maybe you have a compatibility issue and have you tried sata configuration to AHCI?

Shonfol
Level 7
ty for having me 🙂

its a 2008 western digital (sticker fell of from it so dont know what version exactly).. i tried bouth ahci and ide, didnt work. The old drive solo or together, same story. just the loading screen with the logo, and i was unable to do anything no bios or boot. The disk was working fine on my old comp. I got it running by starting the system on the SSD (AHCI mode) witch was working fine solo, and hotwireing ( i think you call it so, plugin it in while the OS is worikng) the old drive. Now they are working fine bouth together. The thing is, every time I restart the comp i have to do it again, so it doesnt make it a permanent solution.

Was a wierd solution i read on the net.. didnt actually think it would work that way.

it had much files on it gona try formating it..

and thx again for the help

Nate152
You're welcome

Yeah if you have an operating system on it you will want to format it and wipe it clean, I think once you do this it will be fine.