cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Update?

smeltn
Level 7
So reading all over the internet about everyone getting the Windows 10 notification in their system trays and all for users of Windows 7 and 8.1 but I have YET to get it.. Has anyone who has the Asus G20AJ gotten the update notification yet?
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
You won't be offered the Win10 invitation unless you've installed Windows Update # KB3035583, listed as an "optional" Update in Win7 and a "recommended" update in Win8.x. Install this update, restart, and see the famous "Get Windows 10!" button magically appear on your system tray.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

smeltn
Level 7
yeah I have installed that update. I checked just to make sure but still nothing.. I installed it on 5/19/15

Korth
Level 14
Strange, but you are apparently not alone. Maybe GWX is running but just refuses to display on your systray (for whatever reason), if so then it might be a visible option somewhere in the Windows Update section of the Control Panel, or perhaps you need to (re)configure your Task Bar settings so "all icons are always visible" on the systray, I dunno. This might help.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Zimi1975
Level 7
yes . I got it too