cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT RAM upgrade and performance questions

ketku
Level 7
Hi, I have G751JT with 8GB Hyndai ram in slot 2. Is it wise to buy one ram stick althought I can't get ram to work in dual channel (I would use only user accessible slots)? Do I still get more notable performance? What if I put two 8GB sticks in the user accessible slots (total 24GB) will these two sticks work in dual channel? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

escha
Level 7
it was already asked and cleared plenty of times in this subject
i suggest checking couple of first pages before starting new thread
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53752-1-35V-memory-required-in-G751-G771-G551s-(same-as-G75...

Having one stick under keyboard (slot2) and adding second 8GB stick in user accessible slot WILL make them work in dual channel mode (noticeable performance boost) - you just need to figure out in which slot put additional stick to...
There are:
under keyboard: slot 1 and 2
upgrade bay: slot 0 and 3
Channel A: 0 and 2
Channel B: 1 and 3
or vice versa; doesn't really metter

So, buy a 8gb stick of DDR3L 1,35v SODIMM RAM and place it in one of the accessible banks, if it will still work in single mode then relocate it to the other bank and you'll have dual channel for sure...
more in the link above

Hey all,

I'm still runnning this awesome system now, but the memory just isn't doing it for me. Can I upgrade to 32 gigs on this machine? I'm running gigs 16 right now. Any advice on which specific memory works best with this laptop?

Cheers,

escha wrote:
it was already asked and cleared plenty of times in this subject
i suggest checking couple of first pages before starting new thread
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53752-1-35V-memory-required-in-G751-G771-G551s-(same-as-G75...

Having one stick under keyboard (slot2) and adding second 8GB stick in user accessible slot WILL make them work in dual channel mode (noticeable performance boost) - you just need to figure out in which slot put additional stick to...
There are:
under keyboard: slot 1 and 2
upgrade bay: slot 0 and 3
Channel A: 0 and 2
Channel B: 1 and 3
or vice versa; doesn't really metter

So, buy a 8gb stick of DDR3L 1,35v SODIMM RAM and place it in one of the accessible banks, if it will still work in single mode then relocate it to the other bank and you'll have dual channel for sure...
more in the link above

ketku
Level 7
Thank you very much! I will try that 🙂