cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random crashes please help

sailorcal
Level 7
when i play graphically intesive games such as GTA V or Far Cry the computer screen becomes a random color and the system restarts

The game will be running at an unusually high fps when this happens. (Usual 50 it will be 90)

I have had this problem 2 times before and the first time i sent it to asus and they sent me a new one back but it happened again and it worked itself out. Now it has happened again and i am really frustrated that on my gaming PC i cant play most games. Smaller games run fine BTW.
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi sailorcal and Welcome to ROG

To better diagnose your problem, Please fill out your system specs form in your profile.
Do you BSOD when this happens? We can analyze the dump file for you.
Have you conducted any Stress tests? to test for stability.
Are all your drivers up to date, including Bios.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Bahz
Level 12
sailorcal wrote:
when i play graphically intesive games such as GTA V or Far Cry the computer screen becomes a random color and the system restarts

The game will be running at an unusually high fps when this happens. (Usual 50 it will be 90)

I have had this problem 2 times before and the first time i sent it to asus and they sent me a new one back but it happened again and it worked itself out. Now it has happened again and i am really frustrated that on my gaming PC i cant play most games. Smaller games run fine BTW.

Hey Sailor,

It sounds like it might be more of a display driver issue since you already received a replacement card and the same issue is still occurring. Which card do you have and do you have the latest graphics drivers?

As mentioned by MeanMachine, it would best best for you to provide your full system specs and also provide us with the error code in the BSOD so we can analyze the issue for you.

Cheers.