cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JW Display refresh rate overclock

Koyotes
Level 7
Hello,
I am owning a ROG G551JW laptop and I was wondering if the display refresh rate can be overclocked to more than 60Hz. In the Nvidia control panel the custom resolution and other options are not displayed.
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

DeltaActual
Level 12
Do you have an IPS screen?
G614JV

Koyotes
Level 7
Yes. It is the LG IPS model.

Edweird
Level 10
Don't see a reason why it wouldn't be "overclockable". Nail it to 75Hz and go up in small increments till you start seeing artefacts/lines/the screen goes black or flickers.

In the resolution settings, there should be a button that allows you to manage custom resolutions. Not heard of it not being there.

the thing is i´ve oc my display to 75 and 100hz but in game is 60hz locked with the latest nvidia driver with gsync blabla... only with gamenabdriver i´ve 100hz in games.

Koyotes
Level 7
I got the 350.xxx driver from Nvidia. Using that driver only "3D settings" from the screenshot above appear. "Display" "Stereoscopic" "Video" are not there. I will check with the lastest Nvidia driver.
@warryable: do you also have G551JW laptop? I know that on the 7xx laptops it works, the Nvidia Control panel displays all the settings

joshindaphils
Level 11

Koyotes
Level 7
Found my way through Intel Graphics Control panel. When trying to create a custom resolution "the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity" message is displayed

ZIXEL
Level 7
how can i get access to the window in the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL i have a g551jw
GG WP

I can recommend >>> http://voltground.com

I just play StarCraft II

Hi Guys,

I bought a G551JW, how can I check if I have Samsung or LG display panel?