cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G501- LCD panel issue (Washed and Pixelated)

Bryrene
Level 7
I owned the G501 for two weeks now, bought it in Singapore. After a few days of using the laptop, my laptop screen occasionally turn washed out color and pixelated (I own a 4k Screen, it is too obvious to spot the pixel). I've tried reformatting my laptop a few times but this issue is still there. I often get this symptom after not shutting down my laptop for a few days or when I just put to sleep/wake. Even after shutting down the laptop the issue is there. I've attached both pictures, you can see the difference between it

Any Asus techies here or experts please help up this issue as I am greatly appreciate. I bought this laptop in Singapore and im based in Malaysia, It will take sometime for me to go Singapore again. 😞

8 REPLIES 8

cajun_azn
Level 7
I ran into the same problem today and followed J82's instructions (reinstall Intel and Nvidia drivers from G501 support site), which fixed the problem. Good luck!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60839-G501-Possible-bug-report-after-coming-back-from-hibe...

Thanks you Cajun_azn. after you reinstall, does it still occur? if not, then this might be just the software issue we are facing.

cajun_azn
Level 7
Hi Bryrene, I replied to your post in the other thread (linked in #2). Good luck!

drntropy
Level 7
Have the same problem, as you. Sounds like all laptops are affected to some degree.

nomad_gamer
Level 7
Yes this issue is rediculous. It has happened to me not only once but three times now. Coming back from sleep the screen looks pixelated and washed out and you can see slight seperation of color lines.
I have had to reinstall graphics drivers each time. This simply just shouldnt be happening and needs to get fixed ASAP. Unfortunately, this isnt the only problem I've had with this laptop.
I've had multiple sound issues, headphones not getting detecting, external usb drives connecting and disconnecting. This is just all bad in my opinion needs a fix.

gyoun
Level 7
is yours 1080p or 4k?

Bryrene
Level 7
I got the 4K screen

gyoun
Level 7
Good news.

Download BIOS 209
#Fixed eDP Panel Power Sequence not correct after S3 resume, Panel will abnormal after wake up0 from panel-off.

p/s: I myself don't own G501 but I have been following this thread since it was created because I was interested in this laptop. I got myself MSI ge62 eventually.