cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20AJ lived for 9 days.

imodio
Level 7
my ROG G20 almost completely died after 9 days after purchase.

First the Toshiba HDD showed a "S.M.A.R.T. status is bad, backup and replace" error.
While I'm waiting for RMA, I noticed mainboard temperature is always higher than 100 °C (114 °C as I'm writing)
Is this even possible? Should I keep it off before everything else fails?
Cpu temperature is ~56 °C
Gpu ~40 °C
Hard Drives ~38 °C
And I'm just browsing/writing on google docs
5 REPLIES 5

Ravenholme
Level 7
if its only been 9 days bring it back to the place you bought it and exchange it. clearly something is wrong with the system if it's always higher that 100°C

imodio
Level 7
I can't return the pc to the shop (more than 7 days passed, their policy)
The DHL courier took the pc this morning. When should I expect to get my pc back? (the customer service guy said 4-5 days, but I don't think so)

Ravenholme
Level 7
that's a ridiculous pollcy most places give 2 weeks. I can't believe the place you bought it from only gave you 7 days. that's complete nonsense.

anyway since i'm guessing you RMA'd to Asus I guess you'll have to just wait it out. I don't know where you are so I don't know what the timeline is *(you don't have to provide details) in the end only support can let you know.

Best Buy has a 30 day Replacement Policy on ASUS ROGs. LOL. I had to get three. The first two had DOA GTX 760s. Best Buy was great in finding me replacements.

geniusdevil
Level 9
9 days? :confused: That happened to me when bae left me after a week. I can feel your pain 😞