cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Badge on notebook

dbpavey
Level 8
Ill keep this short. Does ASUS make a cover for the ROG series laptops? ive been looking at the G751 to use for work and play(I travel alot), but I do not want my clients seeing the 'Republic of Gamers" logo on my notebook.
5 REPLIES 5

dbpavey
Level 8
I guess thats a no. I havent had any luck via Google, either.

brunonavarro
Level 7
dbpavey wrote:
Ill keep this short. Does ASUS make a cover for the ROG series laptops? ive been looking at the G751 to use for work and play(I travel alot), but I do not want my clients seeing the 'Republic of Gamers" logo on my notebook.
Hey, I dont have the answer to your question, but I have a question for you, if it is not a problem. I will get a gaming laptop in the end of the month, my biggest dilemma right now is if I should get a 15" or 17". I will go on an exchange for one year, this laptop will be used for everything, but I don't think that I'll take it everywhere, actually, I'm not sure but I think that I'll keep it in my desk most of time. Right now I have an 15" laptop, and I dont think it is a problem to carry around, but I've never seen an 17". I'm between MSi GS60 Ghost (15") and Asus ROG G751 (17"), what do you think?

dbpavey
Level 8
I prefer 17 inch screen if you are at a desk most of the time.

dbpavey wrote:
I prefer 17 inch screen if you are at a desk most of the time.

I think that I must see it in front of me to decide, thanks.

About your question, I'm thinking about buying it on XOTIC, and they offer something customized, might have what you want. But unfortunately I dont think they work with used laptops...

Korth
Level 14
Apparently Asus doesn't offer a product of this kind, there's a few suggestions on this thread. A generic 18" leathery laptop binder might not be a perfect fit but would cover the gaming logos and not look too bad. A rugged-styled case might serve equally well, if you can find one which doesn't make your laptop look like a miniature waterproof Tonka truck. You could always cover the ROG badge with a (more "professional" looking) cut-down Asus logo, or even with a nice shiny badge-shaped patch of adhesive vinyl.

Boutique vendors like XOTIC and Sager are probably able to cosmetically customize and "skin" this model in a variety of plastic and metallic ways, though I'm unsure how that would affect the Asus warranty. Otherwise you'll just have to DIY or live with the ROG styling.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]