cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainboard Asus and quality of welding

RokkoPokko
Level 7
Hi Guys
Asus motherboard assembled in Taiwan were of high quality.
but those assembled in other factory are not so well assembled.
footprints welded badly, tin that does not cover copper, smt soldered badly
can you improve the quality?
Some photos coming soon
ThankYou.
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Level 14
lol, pretty much every mobo company assembles their PCBs in Asia.

Some plants will have more consistent quality or higher-precision standards than others, regardless whether they're located in Taiwan or China or the USA or wherever. Mass-produced electronics always produce a small percentage of defects, and the odd unit sometimes slips through QA, it's improbable but not impossible for your particular piece (or even an entire production run) to be imperfect. If your unit is a defect then you qualify for an RMA replacement.

I've never personally seen an Asus mobo with defective SMT processing. Asus invests a lot of extra effort into assuring their ROG-branded products are cosmetically flawless, so I expect they put just as much extra effort into assuring these products are electrically flawless as well. I think Asus is always interested in identifying (and correcting) any plants or processes or products which fail to meet their standards. This is exactly why I choose Asus when buying certain products, but of course I would expect them to replace a substandard product.

And most consumers have little control (or even the means to identify) exactly which facility made their products. You buy a part and you see it's "Made in Taiwan" or "Made in China" or whatever, and it shouldn't matter where it was made so long as it complies with the standard.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

jaggerwild
Level 7
These boards are put together by a machine(mostly)and as stated the error margin is minimal. Probably an AssRock fan boy........
Asus X79 DELUXE
3930K WATER
2X Intel 520 Raid o
2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
16 GB G skill 2133
Corsiar AX1200
Acer 24" 1080
Swiftech MCP655 Vari
HWlabs 3/120
Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack