cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RMA experience

bartvangils
Level 7
Hey co-RoG fans!

So today my laptop is going to RMA due high temps, wifi card and screen not working correctly. I am pretty worried that I will recieve a different used laptop, does anyone here know what the chance is that you will recieve a refurbished model? And is there a way to decline this if it happends? I have a very good experience with my own G751 apart from the temps and other issues, I would like to get it repaired or a new model but I am not sure how that progress works, anyone here who had any RMA experience with their G751? Thanks!
21 REPLIES 21

Edweird
Level 10
I had mine RMA'd because of a failed BIOS update, they just swapped the motherboard. Got better temps but otherwise you couldn't tell the difference from the outside, no external damage. It all depends on who your local ASUS warranty service are. Mine wasn't an ASUS service center but an affilliate computer company.

Other users have not been as lucky. Many report visible damage. The best to go about this is take a few photos and tag them with a date somehow, in clear daylight to have something if you need to appeal. They would have to tear the thing apart to get to the screen, so ... I wish you good luck.

Asoryu
Level 9
bartvangils wrote:
Hey co-RoG fans!

So today my laptop is going to RMA due high temps, wifi card and screen not working correctly. I am pretty worried that I will recieve a different used laptop, does anyone here know what the chance is that you will recieve a refurbished model? And is there a way to decline this if it happends? I have a very good experience with my own G751 apart from the temps and other issues, I would like to get it repaired or a new model but I am not sure how that progress works, anyone here who had any RMA experience with their G751? Thanks!

Take photos of everything, the computer inside and out the screen on, off, the box it goes out in inside the box that you ship it in how you pack it.

I sent mine out so overpacked it could have survived an explosion. They serviced it and left their watch on and scratched my keyboard bezel and the outside of the computer. I've been told they are going to issue a claim but that's the last I heard. Tired AF of trying to get ASUS to honor their warranty and get this damage replaced.

Clintlgm
Level 14
If you RMA is here in the states they will fix your notebook not replace it with another repaired one.
PM cl-albert he can help dealing with the repair station. Its always good to have someone from Asus helping you though this process.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

bartvangils
Level 7
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it 🙂

I packed my laptop in the original box, this original box is in a bigger box with blankets so I doubt it will cause any damage.
Also the laptop is in the original "sleeve"as when I bought it so if shouldnt be able to scratch at all. I dont think I need help from Cl-Albert yet, I was just wondering about the experience so far from you guys. Its going to be repaired by a company in the Netherlands, hope they have some real good professionals who can fix the problem 🙂

If I were you I would make contact with the cl- Rep there in Norway!! cl- = Customer Loyalty they are actual Asus Employees they can help make sure your notebook actually gets fixed with out further damages.

Using your original shipping box is not a good thing as you will probably never see it again. They warn against this in the RMA information.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Edweird
Level 10
I would keep in touch with Albert regardless of whether you need help or not.

On the other hand, I packed my G751 in everything original that it had - sleeves, nylon, cardboard - as if I just bought it 5 minutes ago. It came back the exact same way, as if nothing was done to it. I doubt this would happen with an actual ASUS service center as opposed to an affiliate service center such as the one I used.

kingkaann
Level 8
i had a bricked bios they swapped the motherboard no visible damage to my laptop at all..but one thing for sure dont send your laptop with the original package..they will not give it back to you..they will ship it to you with some random ****ty box. so dont send it with the original box

kingkaann wrote:
i had a bricked bios they swapped the motherboard no visible damage to my laptop at all..but one thing for sure dont send your laptop with the original package..they will not give it back to you..they will ship it to you with some random ****ty box. so dont send it with the original box

This was the exact experience that I had too, now I don't have my original box either.

bartvangils
Level 7
Too late haha, well I hope it wont cause trouble that I dont have the original box except from how cool it looks.
They got the laptop today, hope they fix all my three problems since I cant miss my laptop for another repair period.
So far I really like the service that the laptop is being picked-up and that the Asus RMA status is really useful.
Thanks again for your replies!