Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Only a screwdriver?

Hi,

my experience was not the best:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...RMA-experience

But I had luck to get it in a good condition back from the 2nd RMA.

I think many kinds of failure are solved by changing the mainboard without spending too much time in analysis. It might be the cheapest
    solution to introduce someone in taking a screwdriver and opening the notebook and changing the board than spending to much money in
    trainings for their technicians.

It took me altogether 6 weeks waiting for repair within half a year. That's not satisfiying at all, guys. No excuse, no bonus. No warranty prolongation.

best regards

steve
    Last edited by beststevie; 06-12-2015 at 09:50 AM.

ROG Member Array

Seems that the CPU fan and the "normal" fan is both broken, pretty weird that a fan can break and even on two different places...
    I also have the issue that sometimes when I boot my screen is black or that my wifi-card is disabled and unable to connect to any network, they said that this is not a hardware failure so I am curious if they can fix that. Support so far is really good, I like the Asus support chat within 5 minutes you know the state of your laptop. so far a big +1 for Asus support but I am abit dissapointed that both fans are already broken after a half year... at the end of all its a expensive laptop

ROG Member Array

Got the laptop back since 3 weeks and for two weeks the problems seemed to be fixed, now 3 weeks later the CPU is 90+ degree celcius again...
    I am wondering if i am just overreacting or is 90+ degree celcius way too much? Whats the average temperatures you guys get with your G751?
    I am not sure if I should send it back again... after all its 3 weeks without a notebook and I actually hoped Asus would fix the issue for good...
    Thanks for the previous answers btw, it really helped!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bartvangils View Post
    Got the laptop back since 3 weeks and for two weeks the problems seemed to be fixed, now 3 weeks later the CPU is 90+ degree celcius again...
    I am wondering if i am just overreacting or is 90+ degree celcius way too much? Whats the average temperatures you guys get with your G751?
    I am not sure if I should send it back again... after all its 3 weeks without a notebook and I actually hoped Asus would fix the issue for good...
    Thanks for the previous answers btw, it really helped!
    bro i got my laptop back from rma again too new motherboard new cpu gpu..and cpu is over 95c..you have to understand haswell runs super hot..no fixing that. :/

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think the high temps are bull****, I overclocked the CPU and GPU on my G751JY, never got temperatures above 73°c, even when running high demanding games like GTA V.
    I would go to the store where you got it and demand a new one or another model. I had a HP laptop once where the temps would go up to 98°c, it broke 1 week after the warranty expired, you don't want this to happen.
    Anyway, I did RMA my G751JY to replace the screen, which had terrible bleeding and image retention. I packed the laptop so it could survive the next ice age, when i got it back, they didn't bother using the same packaging, no they just sent it back in the original box, full with scratches.
    The replaced screen is ok, still some light bleeding tho, but I can live with that. But they had to format the C drive for some reason (I asked them to not do this, but hey, I am just a customer i guess), luckilly I had my steam library on the D drive.
    All I can say is, don't do RMA unless its you last option, they will probably **** something up.

ROG Member Array

Wow, you have exactly the same experience as me with the packaging, pretty awful isnt it? Like you hope they take care of the laptop like you do, but they dont... Laptop is 93 degree celcius atm... I agree haswell is running hot, but it was around 70 degree celcius 2 weeks ago and now its at 93, that makes no sense to me. I had contact with Asus yesterday and I got told to update my bios, did that but it was not fixed... Afterall its a VERY expensive laptop and I just cant afford it to lose it for a few more weeks... Gonna see monday what they can do for me, might want to bring it back to the store but I want to give Asus another chance since its my favourite brand and I hope they wont f"ck up this time. Thanks for your answers btw, OCing your CPU and GPU and still being able to have your system cool? Thats awesome, how far did you get the cpu?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bartvangils View Post
    Wow, you have exactly the same experience as me with the packaging, pretty awful isnt it? Like you hope they take care of the laptop like you do, but they dont... Laptop is 93 degree celcius atm... I agree haswell is running hot, but it was around 70 degree celcius 2 weeks ago and now its at 93, that makes no sense to me. I had contact with Asus yesterday and I got told to update my bios, did that but it was not fixed... Afterall its a VERY expensive laptop and I just cant afford it to lose it for a few more weeks... Gonna see monday what they can do for me, might want to bring it back to the store but I want to give Asus another chance since its my favourite brand and I hope they wont f"ck up this time. Thanks for your answers btw, OCing your CPU and GPU and still being able to have your system cool? Thats awesome, how far did you get the cpu?
    Hey, sorry it took so long to answer.
    About OC'ing the cpu: I got all four cores to run at 3.5 ghz, with a maximum of 3.7ghz for a single core.
    BIOS version 202.
    dynamic CPU voltage offset: -50mhz.
    Proccessor cage voltage offset: -50mhz.
    idle temps: 40-45°C.
    max temp with heavy usage: around 75°C.
    Only had one blue screen so far, but don't know if its because of the Oc'ing. Been using the OC for about 4 months now.
    GPU overclocking depends on the game, if there are visual artifact etc.... max GPU temp: 68°C.

It actually surprises me that there are more people with temp problems, because mine runs really cool so far.
    Maybe it depends on the model per country?
    I hope you got yours fixed and running well soon.

by the way, did you sent it to holland for RMA? Looking at your name I assume you're Dutch or from Belgium.
    Last edited by Evil Hotdog; 07-21-2015 at 04:56 PM.

ROG Member Array

Ye I am Dutch, Asus has some company here who "fixes"or well are supposed to fix the laptops.
    Thats a pretty heavy OC, I bet if i would OC my laptop ( Never did ) It would go far above 100.
    The laptop keeps getting warmer, 96 degree celcius now, I can send it back to Asus again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm going to RMA in Scotland UK in 2 months I have to live 2 months with this red line now because I am on holiday.

ROG Member Array

New chapter on the laptop struggle, I got my laptop to the shop where I bought it because the temps were getting 97 degree celcius with the CPU throttling like mad. After 2 weeks I got the message that they stresstested the laptop and found out that the CPU is not reaching the factory max temperature. I asked the shop how high that maximum temperature is, but I didnt get an answer. Is there anyone here who knows that? I saw on the Intel website that its 100 degree celcius, but I strongly doubt that, because otherwise it wont throttle o0. I made a new request at the shop and I hope they can finaly find a fix for this issue, I dont want to send it another time, 2 times is enough in my opinion...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast