cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which 980TI to order?

nircc
Level 10
Hey
I'm going to order my new rig in the next few days and i need your help with the 980ti prices
i want a 980TI that will be pretty silent and OC Capable so i can make the best of it in my new PG278Q monitor and new RIG !

also , i live in israel so the prices are much more expansive than those in the US because import/taxes/customs and stuff like that make it so DONT PANIC but thats life in israel they just steal from us...

GeForce GTX980 TI Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 version - 6GB 384 bits GDDR5 memory - DVI-I, 3 x DisplayPort, HDMI video outputs - PCIe 3.0 16x interface - 1102 MHz Base Clock - 1190 MHz Boost Clock - 7010 MHz memory clock - GTX980TI
PRE ORDER that comes with Batman:Arkham Knight and takes 2weeks atleast and got 3 years warranty

Price is :1038USD (damm :[)

GeForce GTX980 TI GPU - 6GB 384 bits GDDR5 memory - 2 x DVI, 3 x DisplayPort, HDMI video outputs - PCIe 3.0 16x interface - 1190 MHz Base Clock - 1291 MHz Boost Clock in gaming mode - 7010 MHz memory clock - GTX980TI
PRE ORDER that comes with Batman:Arkham Knight and takes 2weeks atleast and got 3 years warranty

Price is : 1065USD ! :{

Cheapest option and its already available !
Gigabyte GTX980 Ti 6GB DDR5 GV-N98TD5-6GD-B - 3 years warranty and no Batman:ArkhamKnight -

Price is - 872USD

Which 1 to get ? and why : )
thanks
FractalDesign Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3

ROG SWIFT PG278Q GSYNC
Steelseries APEX M800
Logitech G303
Roccat HIRO
108 REPLIES 108

Nate152
Hello nircc

The less expensive option obviously is the gigabyte 980ti, you can install gpu tweak, precision x or afterburner and overclock it your self and have the same performance as the others.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello nircc

The less expensive option obviously is the gigabyte 980ti, you can install gpu tweak, precision x or afterburner and overclock it your self and have the same performance as the others.

hey thanks for the advice
i kept reading a lot and decided its not worth to pay that much for the other cards
so im getting the gigabye GV-N98TD5-6GD-B : )
cant wait to get my new rig which will be with the maximus vii hero and PG278Q asus monitor
its my first time messing with asus products and i just hope i wont have any problems...
FractalDesign Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3

ROG SWIFT PG278Q GSYNC
Steelseries APEX M800
Logitech G303
Roccat HIRO

Nate152
You're welcome

You shouldn't have any problems at all, in my opinion ROG components are as good as it gets. Here is what you can expect from the 980ti. The Rog swift is a 1440p monitor. The 980ti is one powerful gpu and pretty much matches the titan x in performance.

The ROG 980ti should be coming sometime this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uxzpcmvnPJU

Nate152 wrote:
You're welcome

You shouldn't have any problems at all, in my opinion ROG components are as good as it gets. Here is what you can expect from the 980ti. The Rog swift is a 1440p monitor. The 980ti is one powerful gpu and pretty much matches the titan x in performance.

The ROG 980ti should be coming sometime this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uxzpcmvnPJU

Hey thanks for the video i watched all of it and im very happy with the 980Ti Results
i wont wait for the ROG ti i think id just get the gigabyte 980ti refrence and save my money 😛

do you know if its better to run the PG278Q at 120hz over 144hz?i heard there are many problems with gsync and 144hz

ROG SWIFT PG278Q GSYNC
Steelseries APEX M800
Logitech G303
Roccat HIRO

nircc wrote:
do you know if its better to run the PG278Q at 120hz over 144hz?i heard there are many problems with gsync and 144hz

Hi,
I've been running the Swift at 144 Hz for about a month now and I haven't had any issues.

Nate152 wrote:
Oh ok well let's hope they come by the end of the week !

sadly i got nothing yet...that damm GPU came too late and it was delayed that i will get all the parts in sunday which pretty sucks for me because i have two days off work tomorrow and saturday...
that sucks for me but i got nothing to do about it : [
going to drink some beer and whisky with friends but another two days without computer when im having a two days off from works going to be hard : P

kukabogyo wrote:
Hi,
I've been running the Swift at 144 Hz for about a month now and I haven't had any issues.

thanks for the info m8 those are good news cause i do plan to run 144hz

ROG SWIFT PG278Q GSYNC
Steelseries APEX M800
Logitech G303
Roccat HIRO

nircc wrote:
sadly i got nothing yet...that damm GPU came too late and it was delayed that i will get all the parts in sunday which pretty sucks for me because i have two days off work tomorrow and saturday...
that sucks for me but i got nothing to do about it : [
going to drink some beer and whisky with friends but another two days without computer when im having a two days off from works going to be hard : P

thanks for the info m8 those are good news cause i do plan to run 144hz

Running the Swift two and loving it and have no problems whed 144hz . 🙂

The ASUS Strix is probably my favorite, the OC and cooling performance always exceeds my expectations and the pricing is similar to the other brands. The Strix version isn't out yet, at least not in my region but I'm waiting for that.

InfernoStorm wrote:
The ASUS Strix is probably my favorite, the OC and cooling performance always exceeds my expectations and the pricing is similar to the other brands. The Strix version isn't out yet, at least not in my region but I'm waiting for that.

The 980 TI STRIX is starting to show up in sweden now on webs but not in stor yet ,, hopp its coming to you sun 🙂